classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
65 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Alba Adventures

Skiray
This post was updated on .
Leave it to my wife - she is such a great sport - my xmas gift was a FB page :) for us.

https://www.facebook.com/AlbaOutdoors

Happy Holidays guys. Hoping this warmth changes to a snow dump..
The family that skis together, stays together.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Flattered

Skiray
Sure some of you have seen this article. There are some errors though it took us by total surprise. Just want to say thanks to you and of course Harvey for being supportive of us.

http://mountaintimes.info/alba-family/

@superskimom

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Flattered

Marcski
Nice, Ray! Congrats.

Health, family and skiing. Perhaps, the three most important things in life?
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
You guys do it right. More power to ya!
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Congrats Ray!
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
In reply to this post by Skiray
Nice article!  Well deserved.  The reason I explored Pico before Killington was because of your family's videos.  You always have so much fun.  Know of at least one skier who lives in VT who read the article with interest.

Care to correct an error here?
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray

marznc wrote
Nice article!  Well deserved.  The reason I explored Pico before Killington was because of your family's videos.  You always have so much fun.  Know of at least one skier who lives in VT who read the article with interest.

Care to correct an error here?

All minor and does not take away from the story.  

- Misspelled last names - Erlandsen instead of Urlantsen and Maclauchlan instead of Maclauchlain (though that was close).
- Film school - though I did attend NYU - I didn't study film there - though not a big deal as I had plans to take a summer film program there this year. The interviews were late at night - so, I could understand. Also being NYers with accents and speaking fast - its easy to make this minor mistake.
- 60 days at Pico - we did 60 days in total this year with about 40 at Pico. With living in NYC and our condo lease - we had 64 possible days for skiing this winter - we hit most of the days we could get out this season..

Thanks for being always supportive MarzNC !

ALso, tthanks to everyone for reading this. Still totally flattered.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Mi Skier
I don't post here much, but i have always enjoyed watching your videos that you make. I am very sorry about the loss of your son Rocky. Skiing together as a family is a wonderful thing.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Awesome story, Ray. I understand the desire to correct mistakes, especially when the people in the article will read it. Years ago, in a newspaper article about the outfitter I worked for, the writer gave credit for work I had done to the owners wife. Didn't really impact my life in any way but it bugged me a little. On the other side of it, I'm awful at remembering everybodys' screen names when I meet a bunch of people from the forum all at once. Anybody I've left out of a blog post or TR, I apologize.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Lateski
Congrats to you and your family, that’s a great write up.  You guys are kinda famous now!!!  
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
In reply to this post by Mi Skier
Mi Skier wrote
I don't post here much, but i have always enjoyed watching your videos that you make. I am very sorry about the loss of your son Rocky. Skiing together as a family is a wonderful thing.
Thank you Mi Skier. We actually got Rocky on a ski sled that we made for him - though winters were rough on him. Alicia and I stopped skiing Feb 1, 2001. We then looked to only summer and warm weather activities to the point we were sick of winter. Rocky was a fighter and we know he is with us in spirit. We see him in our kids, and in our daughter in many ways. Not a day goes that we don't think about him..

Coming back to skiing in 2010 - I recalled all the great days I would ski with my dad, my uncle and cousins and my wife recalled all the great memories we made while skiing.  We love skiing and your are right on - there are few things that can compete with skiing as a family

We can't thank you enough for watching our videos - and for sure hope one day we an meet up skiing.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
In reply to this post by Brownski
Brownski wrote
Awesome story, Ray. I understand the desire to correct mistakes, especially when the people in the article will read it. Years ago, in a newspaper article about the outfitter I worked for, the writer gave credit for work I had done to the owners wife. Didn't really impact my life in any way but it bugged me a little. On the other side of it, I'm awful at remembering everybodys' screen names when I meet a bunch of people from the forum all at once. Anybody I've left out of a blog post or TR, I apologize.
Ha.. I forget people's names all the times when we edit, so certainly can relate. The good thing is that Alicia is brilliant and catches most if not al my mistakes.

Thank you Brownski. We should do a hike with the kids this summer..  It would be a blast.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
In reply to this post by Johnnyonthespot
Johnnyonthespot wrote
You guys do it right. More power to ya!

Thanks Johnny. I think this whole group does it right.  

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
In reply to this post by Lateski
Lateski wrote
Congrats to you and your family, that’s a great write up.  You guys are kinda famous now!!!

Thanks LateSki.. Alicia and I started to laugh at being famous.. We'll take it if it happens. Thank you so much! With the rain this weekend, the kids are not so motivated to ski..  I guess we can't complain as they got in 60 days. At the Diamond Dog Ski Club event tonight, people there were getting in like 25 to 30. When we told them the kids and us got in 60, there were like "No Way"..

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Mi Skier
Ray I would love to meet up with some of the people here. I grew up in the Albany area and now live in metro Detroit and drive 3 1/2 hrs to ski a 400’ hill. In the next two years my financial situation  will be better and I plan for n making a trip back east. This web site and your videos bring back lots of good memories
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Nice Ray.  FTR I didn't do squat!

Curious about how this came about. Did you meet the author on the hill or...?

Also what was your major?  :)

I don't know how you handle all that travel. I really dislike flying, you're amazing.

Best to you and your family.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Mi Skier
Mi Skier... I recall you had a Gore avatar a while back?  It seems you've been following NYSB for quite a while. If I'm in that group of people you'd like to meet up with please give a shout out when you come.

Also would like to see a TR from a 400 foot hill in Michigan!
Reply | Threaded
|

Mi Skier
Harvey. You are definitely one of many people I would like to meet. This blog has helped me with not living in the northeast since 1984. The trip reports bring lots a good memories back to me. I did ski Gore from 2010-2012 with my daughter and in two years I will make it back again. I will be happy to post some mid-west ski reports. I just may not be able to get to it right away. You can find some of my reports on Snow Joirmal I am under the name Treilly. I never posted my reports here because I didn’t think there would be much interest. Now I know better.
Ted
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
MiS would love to hear about what you miss and what will be bringing you back, if it's not too personal.
Reply | Threaded
|

Mi Skier
Harvey. I moved when I was 14. My Dad worked for Ford at the Green Island plant just outside of Troy. When I got to Mi I joined ski club and went to Mt Brighton a 250’ hill with no  character. I was now missing Jiminy Peak (that is were I skied the most due to where ski club went) and after one season o stopped skiing for about 13 years until my daughter got old enough to ski and by then I had found out about Mt Holly which is 350’ and has some character and let’s face it when you ski with your 4 year old any hill can bring joy to you. So along with the internet I found your sight and my love for skiing got strong again and that fact that I have gotten my daughter to Jiminy Peak twice and Gore three times and I couldn’t be happier.
My financial situation due to a devorice has prevented me from coming back east, but in two more years that will change and I will get back and ski and see some family that I have.
The one good thing is I have a 400’ hill here called Caberfae Peaks and they have a $99 weekend season pass. I have learned to make the best of our small hills and enjoy skiing in Michigan