classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
27 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Too cold for lifts, hiking for fresh turns instead

PeeTex
Glade Runner wrote
I've never been to BC, don't live in BC.  I'd like to go sometime.  But, thanks for the encouragement.  I hiked for that, and you shit on me.  For where I live, and for pretty much being a lift served skier in the past, I think that's good.  Just doing it made me want to hike for more fresh turns.  Been wanting to do Aqua Terra to this year.  Wonder how much of an asshole you will try to make me feel like after I do that.
GR - I wasn't ragg'n on ya. Just poking a little fun. Good to get out, my little hand trimmed glad is 10 turns at best.
Many of my BC (Back Country) adventures entail low angle glades or power line paths with less than 1000' of vert.
I hate to say it, but with the snow, bitter cold and the wind we have had, avi danger is very real so going after these lesser challenges is the smarter thing right now
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
I still don't know half all of your lingo.  Thought you meant British Columbia.  And what is Snowballs talking about praise for base material? Im lost but, thanks Sick Bird and Snowballs, at least when I read your comments I felt encouragement.  And Peetex, if you are just busting balls then that's fine.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Glade Runner wrote
 And what is Snowballs talking about praise for base material? Im lost
" from ".......PeeTex ( base material ) had previously given kudos to SBR and TD in the hinterlandian thread for hikeskiing small hills.

Normally base material doesn't talk but ours does quite well.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
Ok I haven't been following that thread
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
dude, if you are gonna call a three foot gap in contour a cliff drop you better expect some trash talking!  

bump, mound, rock, boulder, ledge, cliff.....  in ascending order.  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by Snowballs
Snowballs wrote
Glade Runner wrote
 And what is Snowballs talking about praise for base material? Im lost
" from ".......PeeTex ( base material ) had previously given kudos to SBR and TD in the hinterlandian thread for hikeskiing small hills.

Normally base material doesn't talk but ours does quite well.
Yes - like little hills for a quick 10 turn Vern. PTex is base repair material, PeeTex is a cranky old fat white guy who can't take his skins off without taking his skis off first. Avi is Avalanche, which can give you a bad day if you go wondering into terrain that holds an unstable snow pack.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Yea, and unlike when we were in school, A's and B's - are not so good. C's, D's and DD's are much better.