CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Alta Utah - Dailey report

poindexter
In reply to this post by DackerDan
I'm glad you are getting some snow. We had the reverse situation last week - we were in the Park City area and skied from 3/24-3/30 at The Canyons and Deer Valley.  The first two days were cold with lots of fresh powder from the previous storm, and the last 4 days were spring conditions, with crust in the morning and slush by late afternoon.  We noticed a big loss of snow over the course of the week. We had planned to drive over to Alta late in the week, but changed our minds due to the conditions. Looks like we made the right call.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
A spring week in little cotton wood canyon usually hits at least 3 seasons. That has been my experience.  Its all fun and nice to spend time skiing with your kid - there is not much time for that during the season with NYSEF.

How is that lodge?  Can you add some on what its like to stay at Alta please.  I've stayed in the Cliff Lodge at Snowbird but I'm sure staying at Alta is totally different experience.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
CONTENTS DELETED
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
You're staying at the GMD? Find me and say hi!
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
CONTENTS DELETED
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Chances are we interacted at some point. I wait tables up in the restaurant. The guy with the beard who wasn't Ben.
I'll be back next year. Not sure if I'll be waiting again or bellhop but be here either way.

Glad you got some snow! March has been unusually dry out here. I think Jay has the same annual snowfall as we do, we just lost less with the January thaw.
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
CONTENTS DELETED
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Yeah, Zaine is on his fifth year, I think this is year three for onnellea, and maybe year three for
Dex. Although, I think he was back In the kitchen for a while.

Zaine is from Lake George and Onnelea is from Saratoga. Lots of upstate folks around here.

Aside from that, I'm pretty sure the rest of the servers are all first year people. Many of us will be back next year.

Do you have any touring equipment? We can get into some pretty good stuff with just shovel, beacon, and probe. Skins and an at setup help but there are at least three different zones you can easily access via bootpack.