Another Safety Issue

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Another Safety Issue

lolkl
Bhudda Hut 1997As the Cold, Flu and Ebola season is coming up, I want to remind eveyone to be safe during Safety Meetings. Don't smoke with Strangers, especially those who have children. All it takes is one " Joey " from Long Island to spread the Small Pox to the Indians. I just tell people that I have a cold and I smoke by myself. Only when we are in the company of the Inner Circle of trusted Friends do we smoke socially.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Another Safety Issue

Snowballs
Banned User
This post was updated on .
Speaking of Ebola, a very important aspect is being overlooked. Those of you who work in the healthcare system need to know that Purell is no protection against Ebola. We are told by the CDC to use Purell after exiting a protective suit.

This is stupid. NOBODY (even the CDC) does their damn homework anymore even when it comes to life and death situations. A while back I stated people are basically stupid now days. Things like this are why I said it. Purell and Alcohol based hand sanitizers are at the front of the CDC's containment protocol for Ebola.

This link is from the Purell manufacture's web site. At that page's bottom it clearly states Purell has never been tested against Ebola. Furthermore, the FDA said years ago it does not kill MRSA, E. Coli or Flu viruses. So if it's not effective against those viruses and has never been tested against Ebola why is the CDC telling people to use it to decontaminate themselves from Ebola ? STUPID ! Awhile back, Purell, et al tried to say their products work against the flu virus and the FDA shut down that claim because it was false.

Healthcare workers BEWARE !

http://www.gojo.com/united-states/about-gojo/newsroom/resourcescorp/ebola-virus.aspx
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
Snowballs wrote
Speaking of Ebola, .......
Ouch!  That thread drift gave me whiplash.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
legalize it!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
and what a bummer coming on to see NJ posted and w/ all this good material its only the above!!

attn. MikeK  ATTN: MikeK!!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Sometimes inviting a stranger in isn't all that bad.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by Snowballs
Serious buzz kill

Ebola is unlikely to survive at 0 degrees since its from Africa so the way to prevent infection is to go skiing in Nothern NY

whiteface might be the only safe place by January and we will need to drink on the deck instead of in the bar
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Hudsonhiker
We really, Really , REALLY need Snow to get all the weird ideaers out of the air. Good 18 to 24 inches of sturdy snow will do a lot to get these threads back on track.