classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
frk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Another closed business

frk
After mt biking at the ski bowl, I was driving back on rt 28 and noticed that the deli/convince store at the intersection of 28 and 8 is closed with a for rent sign up. I've never seen much business during my occasional stops and the shelves were always mostly barren.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Another closed business

Johnnyonthespot
Don't worry. Cuomo's start up ny or whatever it's  called will allow someone else to come in and pay zero taxes for 10 years. To hell with the previous owner though.
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Picked the wrong business. Should have sold ski equipment.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
In reply to this post by frk
frk wrote
After mt biking at the ski bowl, I was driving back on rt 28 and noticed that the deli/convince store at the intersection of 28 and 8 is closed with a for rent sign up. I've never seen much business during my occasional stops and the shelves were always mostly barren.
The owner was not a very ambitious person and she sold the property to the owner of the plumbing business across Rt 28. And as you said, there wasn't much stock there anyway, so it's not a big loss to our community.  Onward and upward
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Benny Profane wrote
Picked the wrong business. Should have sold ski equipment.
If Gore is going to make the ski bowl the Adirondack Mecca for cross country programs than a small Nordic ski shop would be the best. The right location for that though would be where the little sandwich shop on 28/28N use to be (I think some one lives there now). A low overhead business with Nordic (winter), Bikes (summer), Hiking (fall) & bug repellent (spring) might do OK.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

St. Jerry
Peets-aahs pizza in North Creek seems to have gone under.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by PeeTex
and if the owners work 80 hours per week 52 weeks per year they have the opportunity to make a whopping 50k per year. That old model won't work.  

Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
tjf1967 wrote
and if the owners work 80 hours per week 52 weeks per year they have the opportunity to make a whopping 50k per year. That old model won't work.
50K a year would make them NC 1%ers.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.