Answering the big questions

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
48 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Answering the big questions

raisingarizona
In all seriousness though, the world has much bigger problems than some trash and feces left behind by the worlds privileged elite that have enough time and $ for such high risk recreational pursuits.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
Holy crap. 50,000;pounds of piss-tainted food down the crapper
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote
In all seriousness though, the world has much bigger problems than some trash and feces left behind by the worlds privileged elite that have enough time and $ for such high risk recreational pursuits.
Exactly.  That's why this whole thread was tongue-in-cheek.  

I saw that vid and thought it was a perfect example of a problem that isn't really a problem to anyone but those who have interest in climbing Everest.  

I actually do hope they build a digester or come up with some other solution to clean up their mess.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by JTG4eva!
By poop-ular  demand...
Brownski wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Poop stories!!
Since you asked for it...
This was around 1999 some time. I was a manager in a BIG liquor store in northern Manhattan. Behind the retail area of the store was a utility room that led to an office and had a stairwell down to the basement with a conveyor belt to move boxes of wine or booze up and down. There were some shelves and a cardboard compactor there and, on this day, there was a box sitting on the floor with some broken bottles in it. It was a big store so there were always a few salespeople from the wholesalers hanging around. They would often have a rep from a winery or somebody from their mgt with them so it wasn't unusual to see somebody I hadn't met wandering around the place.

So I was bringing some empty boxes back to the compactor and out of the corner of my eye, I saw this guy near the top of the stairs.

Something struck me odd. He wasn't quite in the right spot to be walking up from the basement. He was just a little bit disheveled and wearing a members-only jacket, which was kind of odd by '99. He immediately headed back towards the sales floor so I challenged him and went over to see if he was trying to steal something.

Then I looked down in the box of broken bottles and saw a giant pile of shit, so fresh you could see heat waves coming off it.

I ran after the guy and said "did you just take a shit in that box?!!!!"
He was like "yeah I guess so".
I was completely gobsmacked (didn't know wether to shit or go blind you might stay) but it got worse cause the guy just went and started shopping. I completely lost my shit- "where the fuck are you going now?!!!" He was like "I'm looking for the Chivas". There was no way he was buying any Chivas at that point. I completely lost my cool and chased him out, cursing him out all the way. In hind sight, maybe I could have handled it better but at the time I was so enraged my head almost exploded.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
AHaha - Brownski, that's pretty funny.

Speaking of funny things, did anyone ever see the original video of that Japanese(?) guy skiing Everest with the parachute?  I swear that was the funniest thing I ever saw the first time I saw it.  I laughed hysterically.  I bet there were a few poopsicles in his fart bag when he was done.

There's a good one on youtube now that I should find of a guy skiing K2.  It's actually pretty impressive in a super-human sort of way.  It doesn't really look fun, but hey, it looks a hell of a lot better than that guy skiing Everest.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
I never quite did get an explanation whether it had to do with their location of it was altitude sickness kicking in, but I heard when dudes hesitate at the Khumbu people would yell at them.....shit or get off the top!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
That is totally awesome Brownski. :D
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Human wasteland http://mochimachine.org/wasteland/
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.