Re: Antifa?

campgottagopee
x10003q wrote
campgottagopee wrote
ScottyJack wrote
campgottagopee wrote
I'm a lover not a fighter, bro

Chicks dig me baby

Chicks dig scars bro!  How many you got?
Too many ----- i totally abused myself as a child ----- you will love this one ----- total ammo for you ---- lol

I took a spill once while visiting my grandparents up North. They didn't want take me to the hospital for stitches because it was so far away so their neighbor (a vet) stitched me up. Once we got home my parents took me to our family Doc and he was actually impressed with his work.
Where else do you take a big donkey for repairs???
FUNNIEST thing ever!

Well played X

I'll get you back
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
MC2 5678F589 wrote

But if there's a day that comes where I'm forced to choose in a fight between Antifa and White Supremecists/Nazis...  
You lose right away.

Didn't you see all those BIG scary guns those Nazis where carrying??? Those sissy bitches from Antifa  don't stand a chance.

Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
MC2 5678F589 wrote
nepa wrote
raisingarizona wrote
ScottyJack wrote
In a fight of anti fascist with white supremacists/nazis, im picking the anti fascists.  Who side would you be on CampSittingOnFencePost?
If you are really an anti fascist you have to look the other way and let them be.
Well said RA.  I totally agree.

MC.  What do you think?
I think you should take that approach with Antifa, instead of starting threads condemning them.

But if there's a day that comes where I'm forced to choose in a fight between Antifa and White Supremecists/Nazis... I'll already be battling on the Antifa side while you, camp, and RA are still in the middle deciding and equivocating, desperately clinging to your centrist credentials while saying "Both Sides are using disturbing tactics and this war should have been anticipated and planned better"
This is extremely dramatic.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
raisingarizona wrote
MC2 5678F589 wrote
nepa wrote
raisingarizona wrote
ScottyJack wrote
In a fight of anti fascist with white supremacists/nazis, im picking the anti fascists.  Who side would you be on CampSittingOnFencePost?
If you are really an anti fascist you have to look the other way and let them be.
Well said RA.  I totally agree.

MC.  What do you think?
I think you should take that approach with Antifa, instead of starting threads condemning them.

But if there's a day that comes where I'm forced to choose in a fight between Antifa and White Supremecists/Nazis... I'll already be battling on the Antifa side while you, camp, and RA are still in the middle deciding and equivocating, desperately clinging to your centrist credentials while saying "Both Sides are using disturbing tactics and this war should have been anticipated and planned better"
This is extremely dramatic.
He's prancing around on his tippy toes right now
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I was just answering Scotty's question. Thought that's what we were doing?

You guys are the ones that don't seem to want to pick sides between Fascists and Anti-Fascists.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
You don't seem to understand that an anti fascist is a fascist if they are forcing their beliefs in others. Seriously, you don't understand what I'm saying here, do you?

Chris Hedges on antifa

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/antifa-mirrors-alt-right/
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In your defense Matt I suppose you have to be that dramatic to go all in on every bs news story you are being sold on television.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
No, I don't.

Again, Nazis are bad.

People who are opposed to Nazis are on the side of basic human decency. Disagree with their tactics if you want (I do), but don't try to argue that they are "forcing their beliefs on people", which makes them fascists. As the article you linked to states:

The corporate state seeks to discredit and shut down the anti-capitalist left. Its natural allies are the neo-Nazis and the Christian fascists. The alt-right is bankrolled, after all, by the most retrograde forces in American capitalism. It has huge media platforms. It has placed its ideologues and sympathizers in positions of power, including in law enforcement and the military. And it has carried out acts of domestic terrorism that dwarf anything carried out by the left. White supremacists were responsible for 49 homicides in 26 attacks in the United States from 2006 to 2016, far more than those committed by members of any other extremist group, according to a report issued in May by the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security. There is no moral equivalency between antifa and the alt-right.
I hope we all realize that there is a "right" and a "wrong" here. The people who are demonizing black people, Muslim people, Hispanic people, and Jewish people, simply for their religion and skin color, are wrong.

You guys have a problem with Antifa's tactics, and their general douchiness, which is fine. But don't let that cloud your judgement on what's right and wrong.
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
MC2 5678F589 wrote
nepa wrote
I'm not following your double standard argument..
You've started two threads recently, one denouncing the Charlottesville counterprotestors (not the Nazis that were protesting) and one denouncing Antifa.

Maybe I'm seeing something that isn't there, but it seems like you're putting your finger on the scale IMO. It would have been better if you adopted camp's approach to this, which seems perfectly fine to me:

campgottagopee wrote
Antifa is just another hate group looking for a fight ---- whatev
If you want to ignore the Nazis, nepa, why can't you ignore the anti-Nazis? Why start these threads?
You've selectively processed the majority of my content... it's pretty obvious if you think the overarching theme of the Protest Planning thread was "denouncing the Charlottesville counterprotestors"

Picture both threads in a Venn Diagram.  If you actually read with an open mind, and thought about the content, you would see the threads are disjoint.  Instead, you selectively process statements, and create a reality that puts yourself on a pedestal.  Notice, I don't disagree with all of your points.  I have openly agreed with more than a few.  Unfortunately, your mind is closed; therefore the only thing you are capable of responding with is disagreement.  I think your closed mindedness is part of our problem.  Maybe it's generational.  Louie M. made a great point about is generation.  I'm starting to think the same may apply to your generation.  

For the record:

The Protest Planning was my way of starting a dialog about the negative tangible consequences (in the case of Charlottesville, a tragic death) associated with direct engagement protest.  I'm still waiting for you to provide some tangible benefits associated with direct engagement protest that are more important than human life.  I stand by my statements.  Again, It was not simply a denunciation of the counter protesters in Charlottesville.  My focus was more on learning from tragedy than denouncing counter protestors.

The same applies to the Antifa thread.  You have selectively processed the majority of what I have written.  Again, in the thread, I have clearly indicated both sides as a destabilizing force.  Long-term, neither mean anything to me.  I have no problem ignoring Nazi's or the Antifa attention whores.  Short term... with the current level of tension, I maintain that they are both threats to societal stability.  In my opinion, it won't take much to create a chain reaction that will result in unprecedented levels of chaos, violence and death.  Just another excuse for trump to be an even bigger doosh bag than he already is or has been.

How much do you remember from the riots in 1992?

Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by raisingarizona
raisingarizona wrote
In your defense Matt I suppose you have to be that dramatic to go all in on every bs news story you are being sold on television.
Why do you think that I'm "all in" on any story, or that I even watch the news on TV?
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by nepa
nepa wrote
How much do you remember from the riots in 1992?
I was 11, so, only what is in the Sublime song. They finally got their own P.A.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
nepa wrote
.  My focus was more on learning from tragedy than denouncing counter protestors.
Yes, I thought we eventually came to a consensus that it was poor logistics, but both sides should be allowed to protest. If you're actually interested in learning from the tragedy, the Washington Post had a pretty good piece:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/how-charlottesville-lost-control-amid-deadly-protest/2017/08/26/288ffd4a-88f7-11e7-a94f-3139abce39f5_story.html

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I like your style, Nepa

I'm going to guess that most of us here understand you loud and clear. MC2 just can't help himself with his bubble spin move. There's no common ground unless it's the ground he and his horse are on.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
MC2 5678F589 wrote
Why do you think that I'm "all in" on any story, or that I even watch the news on TV?
If it agrees with your bias you sure do.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
raisingarizona wrote
MC2 5678F589 wrote
If it agrees with your bias you sure do.
Okay. But I'm going to tell you for the 50th time, you have a bias, too. The article you posted, while good, is right up your alley because it blames both sides.

Mindless centrism is just as dumb as mindless liberalism or mindless conservatism.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
http://mobile.wnd.com/2017/08/unmasked-11-antifa-mugshots-guaranteed-to-make-your-blood-boil/I have not followed much of the noise in this thread but I saw antifa on my Google feed. They seem like dicks to me. As a matter of fact when I first looked in this thread I thought someone should walk up and just boot that kid in the junk. He looks like he is laying there just to get attention and that would get it pretty quick.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Lol, nice link from the Alt-Right WorldNetDaily. Maybe you can post some pictures from Breitbart's "Black Crime" section next. Real important that we focus on a bunch of idiots when the KKK is emboldened by the President.

Everyone should read RA's article because it does make a lot of good points, even though I disagree with its "both sides" framing and its giving a pass to Nazism because people are struggling (Lots of people that are struggling don't turn to Nazism).

Anyway, this seems relevant:

We know now that many Germans supported the fascists because they were terrified of leftist violence in the streets. Germans opened their morning newspapers and saw reports of clashes like the one in Wedding [a Berlin neighborhood]. It looked like a bloody tide of civil war was rising in their cities. Voters and opposition politicians alike came to believe the government needed special police powers to stop violent leftists. Dictatorship grew attractive. The fact that the Nazis themselves were fomenting the violence didn’t seem to matter.

One of Hitler’s biggest steps to dictatorial power was to gain emergency police powers, which he claimed he needed to suppress leftist violence.
Right now, you're helping today's Nazis by linking to a far right source and elevating the myth of "Leftist Violence". Great work, bud.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
I'm not focusing on either. Just saw the article and read it. I think the KKK are dicks to. I know you say choose a side. If I see both groups fighting for every 3 kkk  I  punch I'll punch one lefty. How's that
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I look forward to your three upcoming posts with Nazi mugshots.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
That is true to a point..  

Complacency did prove capable of bolstering evil and nearly devoring free states. Evil should not have a voice.  
I ride with Crazy Horse!