April Fools Weekend and Decisions -PICO, VT

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

April Fools Weekend and Decisions -PICO, VT

Skiray
I am sorry that I have not been on here lately. Work has been kicking my butt and still trying to get out some of our edits, which we are way behind on. This one, we again hope you like.

Includes some skiing by the Saratoga Skier and his family. Man, they are good.

Our videos are not just trip reports these days, its really about our lives and how that plays into skiing.

The family that skis together, stays together.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: April Fools Weekend and Decisions -PICO, VT

Brownski
I always like seeing Pico in these videos, Ray. Keep em coming
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
Thanks Brownski...

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Skiray
Me too Ray, too busy at work.  So what is going on with Alicia's knee?  What did the doc say about skiing on it?

I really only came to understand that some (ACL?) patients don't get operated.

Great to see natural snow on a dreary rainy day in May too. Thanks.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
sig
Reply | Threaded
|

sig
great video. I've skied with jeff's family at hickory, they are a fun bunch. i need to see more pole plants from those kids.
just a pet peeve of mine

Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
quote author="sig">
great video. I've skied with jeff's family at hickory, they are a fun bunch. i need to see more pole plants from those kids.
just a pet peeve of mine

I agree on the pole planting too.  Working on it.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
Me too Ray, too busy at work.  So what is going on with Alicia's knee?  What did the doc say about skiing on it?

I really only came to understand that some (ACL?) patients don't get operated.

Great to see natural snow on a dreary rainy day in May too. Thanks.
Hey Harvey,

Miss ya man.. So, our doctor is way conservative about rushing into surgery and as a matter of fact he didn't operate on my ACL either (left leg). He says its not for everyone and if the knee isnt buckling or if you are in no pain, he rather wait it out and let your body adapt. Of course Alicia is keeping an eye in it -though the jury for now by both Alicia and doc is to wait. He was very impressed with her skiing and happened to watch all of our videos after this appointment.  He was most impressed with Alicia of course ( I mean, she is pretty impressive to me ;) ).

So, for now she is trying to keep in good shape, working out daily and we will re-evaluate in 3 weeks.  He thinks skiing with a brace is the right thing.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
My brother (BS in nursing) would love your doc, as he thinks most doctors push too hard for surgery, too soon.  He's seen too many cases where in the long term the complications from surgery are worse than whatever they went in to fix.  There are plenty of times where surgery is the right, and only, answer.  However, if you can manage without going under the knife it eliminates a lot of risk and potential complications.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
This post was updated on .
Skiray wrote
sig wrote
just a pet peeve of mine
I agree on the pole planting too.  Working on it.
I noticed that in your video as well.  Especially in the bumps it's important though I'd first work on some other issues before focusing on their hands.  Need more work on a balanced stance and getting flex in their ankles.  

Also think pole touches not planting.   Planting conotates leaving the pole there to grow roots which would quickly put the skier in the back seat and over rotated. A touch is earlier in the turn and quicker.  The reaching out with the arm is a natural start of the bodies extension from the ankles into the new turn.

Ray have you considered getting the kids in some type of ski school program working with the same coach thru the season?  Looks to me like they could really benefit from that.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I am holding out hope that K can last until I get there. Maybe 1st weekend in June.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp