Are you getting ready?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Are you getting ready?

PeeTex
Nights are getting frosty now. Have you got the wood in, is the garden put away? Have you gone through your gear yet, sharpen & wax?

I have some of that done but I have been flat out on some customer projects for the past month that I am behind and the leaves are falling. I am shooting to be totally done by mid December so that I have the whole winter to play.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Are you getting ready?

ml242
Oh, so this is a second amendment issue now?

p.s. BORN READY, BRING IT!
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by PeeTex
I don't do wood or gardens...

But I also haven't prepared well for the season. My Tele boots need a repair that I delayed ordering a part for, meaning I won't be able to use them Monday, which sucks (part should come next week and repair will be made then). I haven't sharpened or waxed anything yet (and need to order more wax) and I need to order a new lens for goggles I broke last year. And I was thinking of shipping a pair of Patagonia snowpants back to them for repair.

So no, I'm not ready yet. But I'm going Monday anyway.

Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Yea, I have a list of supplies to order but the company I use hasn't gotten everything from their suppliers yet so I am waiting. I have enough to go through the gear though. My first day on boards will likely be next month, grand daughter wants to go to Kmart.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
YES! So ready. All of my gear is in check. The only thing new I got was a sweet 70's style pom pom ski hat. My skis are super clapped out but I'm going to have to get by with them. In the powder it doesn't really matter anyways. I just picked up my ski pass a couple of weeks ago. I may be 40 but I'm a full time student so I got the unlimited college pass for 350!

Beacon is still good, I need to put in some new batteries and I want to do a little work to my emergency sack but that's no big deal.

I'm going to take it real easy for the second semester. Maybe a bio class and then an arts and humanities course, both will be evening classes. I got enough student loan money to get me through April so no need to work. As long as we get the snow I'm going to go as hard as I can. After 4 dry seasons I'm crazy motivated and I want to close the chapter on a few project lines.

My skis are at the shop and all tuned up. I'm going to go grab them in a few minutes and then my daughter and I are headed to the TGR movie tonight at the Orpheum.

STOKED!
Reply | Threaded
|

MikeK
Banned User
raisingarizona wrote
YES! So ready. All of my gear is in check. The only thing new I got was a sweet 70's style pom pom ski hat. My skis are super clapped out but I'm going to have to get by with them. In the powder it doesn't really matter anyways. I just picked up my ski pass a couple of weeks ago. I may be 40 but I'm a full time student so I got the unlimited college pass for 350!

Beacon is still good, I need to put in some new batteries and I want to do a little work to my emergency sack but that's no big deal.

I'm going to take it real easy for the second semester. Maybe a bio class and then an arts and humanities course, both will be evening classes. I got enough student loan money to get me through April so no need to work. As long as we get the snow I'm going to go as hard as I can. After 4 dry seasons I'm crazy motivated and I want to close the chapter on a few project lines.

My skis are at the shop and all tuned up. I'm going to go grab them in a few minutes and then my daughter and I are headed to the TGR movie tonight at the Orpheum.

STOKED!
Snoloco should take note of this.  Except for the beacon/backcountry stuff.  That's too dangerous.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cornhead
No, but I've got all afternoon! I did pick up a couple pair of Obermyer ski pants from Sierra Trading Post for $18 apiece. I will need to wear a belt with them, the belts I've been looking at cost more than the pants. I also snagged 4 pair of Smartwool ski socks, and some all leather Goretex mittens. I'm hoping they hold up better than Nylon. The best pair gloves I ever had were a pair of Spyder all leather gloves with large gauntlets. They made great cold weather motorcycle gloves too. Mittens are much warmer, and I can flick the bird at people without pissing them off.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
Should break 600 miles this month on the road bike. And not on flats.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
My miles are way down right now, about 60 miles/week on the road bike. Got the lights out a few weeks back, some days I have to ride at night or early in the morning. Most days I can ride mid day when it's warmer. Won't ride when there is frost or any possibility of ice on the road. Had to scrape snow and ice off the car on Saturday and Sunday. It was great to see a little snow in woods.