Condor

The Blue from Mark Peters on Vimeo.

thought this was pretty cool
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Assortment of Random, Awesome Videos

Sick Bird Rider
Here is a very nice bike edit from TGR forums. Even more impressive when you consider that it was shot in one day by one person:

Full TR with stills and backstory can be found here.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris Hadfield is the most awesome astronaut ever.

Sick Bird Rider
And he is Canadian. The guy has been up in space for five months, commanding the space station, tweeting, Facebooking and singlehandedly raising the profile of the space program more than any media company could ever hope to do. OK, I am sure he has good people on the ground, helping out. Then he records a song with The Barenaked Ladies, from space. Blows people's minds. Then, as his mission draws to a close, he submits this:

Chis Hadfield is my new hero.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Mountain biker meets bird. They have a race.

Sick Bird Rider
This is extremely cool. World cup downhiller Gee Atherton tries to out-ride Moses the peregrine falcon on a trail in Wales:

Here is the "behind the scenes" story. There is even "bird cam" footage if you want:

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Awesome Videos

Sick Bird Rider
This post was updated on .
The latest from Danny McKaskill. Skill + imagination + Red Bull $$$$= something completely different and awesome:

http://imaginate.redbull.com/
(can't embed this one)
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Wow. (As usual!)

Did you check those bloopers at the end? He crashes!  I mean it makes sense but...
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Happy Hinterland Day Weekend!

In honour of our great land, and alternate spellings, I present to you the Hinterlandian National Anthem, played on the flaming bagpipes:

Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Happy August. In case you were wondering whether your summer training regimen was adequate:

Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Now, this is MOUNTAIN biking. Nice little cultural spin and view into a forgotten kingdom as well:

Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
My first roller coaster.  Nitro at Great Adventure.  I am not in the video, the video is from youtube user sharpproductions.  Here is the story about the experience.  When I was 8 years old shortly after school let out for the summer my dad took me to Great Adventure.  We had never been to an amusement park before and wanted to try one out.  We had planned to start the day on a milder roller coaster since both of us had not ridden one before.  The thrill ratings at Great Adventure are mild, moderate and, max.  We wanted to ride something that was rated moderate or was a lower max.  When we arrived at the park we asked a guy who seemed to know the place what would be a good coaster to start on since we had never ridden one.  We also said that we didn't want to ride one that went upside down.  He said "ride Nitro, it's right over there.  It is really high but there are no loops".  We get to the ride and the wait time sign said 60 minutes, but it took us about 20 minutes and we waited for front row.  As our train went up the lift hill my dad realized that be might have gotten me in over my head.  The lift hill takes about a minute, but it felt longer.  The next part was totally unexpected.  As we crested the lift hill and saw the drop we realized that it was straight down.  This was also when we realized that we just got on the second tallest second fastest coaster in the park.  It is 230 feet tall and goes 80 miles an hour.  The entire ride I was grabbing the handles on the lap bar for dear life.  I couldn't even scream I was so stunned by how intense it was.  I was only 8 years old.  In the end I rode more coasters that day and now my coaster count is 15.

I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
And now for something completely different. I'll admit it, I'm a bit of a map nerd. This is for all the map nerds out there:

Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
or not...

Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
^^ The bear video is cool and sad at the same time. That animal is a circus clown, not a bear anymore. Anyway, on to happier stuff. If it doesn't snow, get a fat bike and join the ice fishermen!

Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
Norwegians are waaayyyy out there:

Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
And so are the Brits:

Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
Hey dude, all that snow and your posting this stuff?
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
DackerDan wrote
Hey dude, all that snow and your posting this stuff?
Coffee break between snowblowing and skiing. The goods are not far away.
Reply | Threaded
|

SLEDNECK FAIL.

Telemark Dave
As Bugs Bunny would say......

"what a maroon".......

"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.