Back to my favorite place in February

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
19 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Back to my favorite place in February

BigK75
Some of you like NoahJohn and ScottJack will remember my family and friends from last year and the past few seasons and how much we love the LP area and Whiteface.      

Its official, we booked our hotel and bought ski tickets from the Whiteface/Gore group that was at the Toronto Ski Show last weekend. I of course talked their head off about how great WF is.  They already knew that though ;) Then I walked by the SkiMag booth and saw during rankings.  I spit on their rankings. ;)    

We will be there Feb 15-Feb 19.  I am so looking forward to this trip I can barely stand it.  Its still almost four months away but I am already pumped.  I think I will go wax my skis tonight :)    

Dreaming of great skiing on Hoyt and drinking fantastic craft beers with you guys.  See you soon.  

Claude
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Back to my favorite place in February

Noah John
Love that enthusiasm Claude.  I hope it's contagious because I haven't felt that way about skiing in many years.  See you in February.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Nice

I'll be there in Feb too, not sure of the dates just yet, but we'll be there for a BIG B-day bash.

You'll know me cause I'll be wearing a t-shirt that says, "I am not a cannibal--ski the face"

hopefully we can share one of those good beers

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by BigK75
Bring it BigK. Good ol USofA appreciates your support.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by Noah John
Noah John wrote
I hope it's contagious because I haven't felt that way about skiing in many years.  
Noah we may need to kick you off the island now.  Just the thought of skiing being about a month away gives thrills up my leg like Chris Matthews covering Obama or the witch in the broom factory like in the Geico commercial.  Yes last year sucked but that was a big time aberation compared to normal.  Its the time of year to be pumped and excited.  Get with the program.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Coach Z wrote
Noah John wrote
I hope it's contagious because I haven't felt that way about skiing in many years.  
   Its the time of year to be pumped and excited.  Get with the program.

damn straight---get your shit together Noah
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Z
Coach Z wrote
Noah John wrote
Noah we may need to kick you off the island now.  Just the thought of skiing being about a month away gives thrills up my leg like Chris Matthews covering Obama or the witch in the broom factory like in the Geico commercial.  Yes last year sucked but that was a big time aberation compared to normal.  Its the time of year to be pumped and excited.  Get with the program.
I laughed!

I think by the end of the season Noah will be POSTING STOKE. I'm buyin a round at the Pub for the WF crew after Noah POSTS HIS FIRST PIC.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by BigK75
BigK75 wrote
We will be there Feb 15-Feb 19.  I am so looking forward to this trip I can barely stand it.  Its still almost four months away but I am already pumped.  I think I will go wax my skis tonight :)    

Dreaming of great skiing on Hoyt and drinking fantastic craft beers with you guys.  See you soon.  

Claude
Awesome!  You're bringing the big fella again I hope!  Great crew.  Looking 4ward to it.  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Nice

I'll be there in Feb too, not sure of the dates just yet, but we'll be there for a BIG B-day bash.

You'll know me cause I'll be wearing a t-shirt that says, "I am not a cannibal--ski the face"

unite the clans CampCannibal!  Unite the clans!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Noah John wrote
Love that enthusiasm Claude.  I hope it's contagious because I haven't felt that way about skiing in many years.  See you in February.
Holy Debbie downer!  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by ScottyJack
ScottyJack wrote
campgottagopee wrote
Nice

unite the clans CampCannibal!  Unite the clans!
hahahahahaha
Reply | Threaded
|

BigK75
This post was updated on .
ScottyJack wrote
BigK75 wrote

Claude
Awesome!  You're bringing the big fella again I hope!  Great crew.  Looking 4ward to it.
Most definitely.  He is my best buddy and generally when we ski, we ski together.  We are bringing the wives too.  Its going to be a great time.  I will post a couple of days before we come up.  Maybe we can meet for drinks and some skiing.  

Claude  
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
Noah John wrote
You just need to loosen up your Mawashi.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
x10003q wrote
You just need to loosen up your Mawashi.
Woohaaaaa!  

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
I use to love to watch the sumo wrestlers w/ my brothers on ABC World Wide of Sports!

W/ all the cool ski footage coming out of Japan lately I'm think it be cool to visit Japan for some skiing and sumo spectating...  I wonder if sumo's wrestle any where close to the ski mtns?????  
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Calling DMC---he would know ^^^^^
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
That is  a really long way to go to ski and the plane fares are not cheap.  Its like 18-20 hours in the air.  I used to work for a company from Japan.  It is an interesting country but is super expensive for just about everything.  It makes Switerland look cheap.

You can go to Europe much faster and cheaper and spend what you saved on air fare for hiring a guide.  I've never been disappointed with a guide in Europe the few times I've done it.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
Coach Z wrote
That is  a really long way to go to ski and the plane fares are not cheap.  Its like 18-20 hours in the air.  I used to work for a company from Japan.  It is an interesting country but is super expensive for just about everything.  It makes Switerland look cheap.

You can go to Europe much faster and cheaper and spend what you saved on air fare for hiring a guide.  I've never been disappointed with a guide in Europe the few times I've done it.
Yeah but you get what you pay for.  Europe's a lot like here culturally speaking.  I'd like to spend some time in the far East.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Noah John wrote
Coach Z wrote

Yeah but you get what you pay for.  Europe's a lot like here culturally speaking.  I'd like to spend some time in the far East.
Me too pal----i hear Albany is a great place to hang