Bastardi: Thanksgiving Coastal Storm (11/21/12)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bastardi: Thanksgiving Coastal Storm (11/21/12)

Harvey
Administrator
Like I said Bastardi drives me nuts. He's probably tweeted 100 times today, 90% politics and anti-AGW.  But in between all the political crap, he's been predicting another calamitous storm. It's the reason I follow him. Nobody else calls that stuff so far out. I know it's improbable but I like to hear that stuff.

Maybe it will just be a old fashion nor'easter with some snow in the mountains, and a benign cold rain at the shore.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Bastardi: Thanksgiving Coastal Storm (11/21/12)

JasonWx
i saw that too..
at this time there is zero cold air ....
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
From NWS Albany:

FOR EARLY TO MID NEXT WEEK...

The models are in disagreement regarding the potential for the development of a possible coastal storm. While the 12z gfs and most of its ensemble members keep it dry through the period...The 12z ecmwf continues to show the trend from its recent runs in developing a sfc wave off the southeast coast for monday into tuesday. This model would suggest that some precip could make its way into our area for the middle of next week.

Due to the uncertainty...And the fact that is quite far out in the extended period...Will only mention slight chc or low chc pops for monday into tuesday...With near normal temps. The latest ecmwf would suggest temps are marginal for rain vs. Snow so will make p-type dependent on the diurnal temp cycle and elevation.
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Joe Bastardi is tweating about a big batch of artic air coming into the NE this weekend but I'm not seeing this on the NWS forecasts.  What's up with that?
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Bastardi has been talking about a cold December and a coastal pattern. Lionel and others seem on board although not so sure about this weekend.

Coach Z wrote
tweating
LOL, Coach dig it.

Welcoooooooome to the machiiiiinnnneee.  

Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
this weekends cold is not so impressive, but next week looks cold and the weekend looks colder...as of now , of course
"Peace and Love"
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by Harvey
I'm not tweeting myself.  Let's not go overboard with the social media stuff - I only got on FaceBook in the last year.  I do not see myself tweeting any time soon.  Coach tweets - Hey guys just made a good turn.  Next tweet - oh that last turn my hand dropped a little back.  Not entertaining.

I did like Joe Bastardi on FB and now i get bombarded with his tweets on FB.  He is driving me nuts with the shear volume of his blathering but there is some good weather info ocassionally in the tweets.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
fortunately i don't have a facebook or twitter account..
"Peace and Love"