5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bastardi's First Call on Winter 10/11

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
The outspoken and sometimes controversial Joe Bastardi is out with his first long term call for the winter. It's later than last year's forecast which was freaky accurate.

Bastardi is looking for a fast start to winter, with a major thaw coming for much of the country in January. That part doesn't seem like an incredibly bold prediction. He's calling the east a battle zone ... snow, ice, and mixed precip:

Long Range Forecast

One thing to point out ... he calls for a big winter in Chicago. Not sure if there is any scientific basis for this (Jason?) but what I've seen...

Storms coming across the country — if the rain snow line is SOUTH of Chicago, it remains south of most of ski country when it arrives in the east.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: The Weather Thread 10/11

JasonWx
A big winter for Chicago, would be a disaster for us..For them to have a big winter, Low pressure needs to track toward Detroit or just a little west of them...Let's hope Bastardi is wrong this time...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Powderqueen
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey44 wrote
The outspoken and sometimes controversial Joe Bastardi is out with his first long term call for the winter. It's later than last year's forecast which was freaky accurate.

Bastardi is looking for a fast start to winter, with a major thaw coming for much of the country in January. That part doesn't seem like an incredibly bold prediction. He's calling the east a battle zone ... snow, ice, and mixed precip:

Long Range Forecast
WTF!?!? Winter's Worst Cold and Snow?!?!?

Should read "Winters Best Cold and Snow"

I'm headed to the PNW for a vacation this winter.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Jason - what I was saying was that when I see a storm tracking across the country ... if the rain/snow line falls south of Chicago, it seems like the Daks will also get snow. Would like your pro-met input on whether that is my imagination or if there is something to it.

Powderqueen wrote
WTF!?!? Winter's Worst Cold and Snow?!?!? Should read "Winters Best Cold and Snow"
I'm in total agreement. The whole concept of "the warmer the better" is beyond me.

You hear these weather guys saying ... and if you liked today (80s) you'll love tomorrow (90s) !

BS.

This isn't news to anyone who lives in the mountains. But it is still 80 degrees in downtown NJ right now and it's 55 degrees here at HRHQ. Awesome.  I love it up here.

Forecast Low Temps
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
In reply to this post by Harvey
Someone bring me from Buffalo to Albany/Saratoga/Whiteface region? I'll have mommy make you cookies!