Belleayre 1/15/11

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Belleayre 1/15/11

Gunny J
Driving up to Belleayre Sat morning ,it was great seeing snowcover all the way to the Catskills from Hawley PA. We almost turned at the split at the  route 28/30 but this MLK weekend we chose Belleayre instead of Plattekill like last year. Both would have been good choices. Last MLK ,2010 Plattekill was 100% open and awesome with no crowds. This MLK was even better,Belleayre had everything you wanted Groomers ,Glades,Mogels ,Powder,Natural trails. Belleayre run and Mohawk were great first thing in the morning. Horse pass had tons of fluff adjacent in the woods for those who chose to drop in. A few natural trails were thin in placse but still skiable. Great day we had ,so did Belleayre ,heard about 6000 people today.Belleayre runRoaring BrookMohawk
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Belleayre 1/15/11

Harvey
Administrator
Gunny ... what mountain(s) do you ski most often?  

I never really thought about how close some Pennsylvanians are to the Cats.

Across the river in Narrowsburg and at Pine Hill in ... 2 hours?

Bumps on Belleayre Run and the huck on Roaring Brook(?) look great.

Did you get into the trees?

(FYI added the date to your post title.)
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
I was there today too..Great day , I even got a few good pow shots too. Glad you got some pics before the snow started...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Gunny J
In reply to this post by Harvey
We split time between Belleayre and Windham  every other weekend all Winter. We like to hit Sno mountain and Elk Mt in NEPA 3 or 4 times a year. My son worked the trees hard at B today .I dove in for a couple good fluff runs.
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
Good to see someone else doing the trees at Belleayre. Other than the marked glades, very few people seem to bother with the woods there, which works out for me.