classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Belleayre Blues: Alba Adventures 12/6 - 12/7/14

Skiray
This post was updated on .
We are in search for a home mountain for the season and within close proximity to New York City is a gem of mountain called Belleayre Mountain which we have never skied before.

Being part of ORDA and the New York State Mountains Ski3 program we thought we would give it a try to see if we would call Belleayre our home mountain for this season.

Upon arriving in very wet conditions, we were greeted by some of the nicest people and staff. Ironically we have two personal friends that have worked at this mountain for years that we so luckily met on our first days there.

This mountain has plenty to offer families and even the adventurous skier with some of the new glades the mountain has added. The plans for Belleayre are grand and I say that this great place is a mountain to ski and too keep an eye on for new features coming up.

Visit Belleayre - for sure you will love it.

The family that skis together, stays together.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Belleayre Blues - Alba Adventures Season 2 Ep 3

ml242
Excellent. The Catskills seem to get more than there share of bluebird days for the EC. Sun Valley, NY, I say. Looking forward to some future reports when there's more on the ground.
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
Thanks.. My wife really put the nice touches on this edit...

With near 11 inches on the ground there - I might have to go back up tomorrow with the family...

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Zobi1
In reply to this post by Skiray
Bell was certainly awesome yesterday for this intermediate skier. I find the switch from greens to blues very manageable with good opportunities kick back or challenge yourself when ready. I don't know enough to aptly describe the snow in terms that are skier lingo. There were runs  that were groomed and were very crunchy under foot. Others that had more skiers were softer.

I love Belleayre.... Good skiing, good people, reasonable prices.
Reply | Threaded
|

DomB
In reply to this post by Skiray
Nice post!  I saw this great clip and the one on Platty - because of this blog I skied both last season and loved it.  We were in NYC since '06 and moved out to LI where we have family, but we will be looking for a home mountain.  Happy skiing!
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
Thanks Dom!

AlbaAdventures.com