Belleayre: Dreamcatcher Glade

16 messages Options
skunkape skunkape
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Belleayre: Dreamcatcher Glade

Hey ya'll I had a chance to ride the new glade at Belle last weekend, kind of tight, but very wide and really long! The middle got kind of sketch because it hit a steep spot, and the trees were super tight, but a pack of kids came roaring through so I'm sure ya'll can handle it. If a 6'9" guy on a 172cm all mountain board can get through there, I'm sure any decent skier could too.

Picture
Jamesdeluxe Jamesdeluxe
Reply |

Re: Belleayre: Dreamcatcher Glade

Do you know how many years Dreamcatcher glade has been on the "coming soon!" list?

Glad to see that they finally opened it.
skunkape skunkape
Reply |

I have only been riding Belle for 4 years, but already ORDA seems to have overcome any stagnation that was happening during the DEC era. Already we have seen: The ski3 pass, dreamcatcher, boardercross course, new Pisten Bullies, and while not as fast as Hunter, great snowmaking.  

I always saw people walking in there at various points, but yes it is good that it is official now. next up: Highmount, and then that side of the mountain will be better than the superchief side (it kind of is already except the lift is slow).
Jamesdeluxe Jamesdeluxe
Reply |

skunkape wrote
 next up: Highmount, and then that side of the mountain will be better than the superchief side (it kind of is already except the lift is slow).
The Tomahawk lift only covers 950 verts so having a HSQ there isn't completely necessary IMO. Obviously, Highmount would be a huge win, but unless I'm not aware of some big recent news, I wonder if that'll even get done in my lifetime.
gebbyfish gebbyfish
Reply |

I skied there two weeks ago for the first time and liked it quite a lot!  It was a weekend, so it was quite crowded!  I'll definitely try Dreamcatcher the next time I'm there!
twinplanx twinplanx
Reply |

Hey guys, I'm heading up to Belleayre Wednesday(2/18) on the I Love NY Ski Bus. If any of you guys will be there let me know. Hoping for some fresh snow and a good excuse to bring my wider skis. I'd rather not bring 2 pairs of skis up on the bus, but without a significant dump I'm afraid all the good stuff will be skied off by lunch... Forecast looks promising 😀
Lateski Lateski
Reply |

In reply to this post by skunkape
I felt bad for Belle today, this weekend should be one of there biggest money earners but the crowds didn't show,probably in anticipation of the high winds that never materialized.  We skied all day in near perfect conditions and skied on to every lift without waiting, it was great to ski lap after lap, but I know Belle needs those big paydays.  Dream catcher was closed when I went to ski it on the first run of the day, I'm sure I'll hit it next time around.
Glade Runner Glade Runner
Reply |

Wow you actually follow the signs?  Closed just increases the likelihood of first tracks.
Lateski Lateski
Reply |

I know, I know, I should have just blown right through that sign, safe and snug at home now I regret it.
Glade Runner Glade Runner
Reply |

That's ok, I haven't been there yet this year to ski it either.