Belleayre Interactive Trail Map

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Belleayre Interactive Trail Map

snoloco
Belleayre is the first ORDA mountain to get an interactive trail map. I wonder if Gore and Whiteface will get them soon. http://www.belleayre.com/the-mountain/interactive-trail-map
I've lived in New York my entire life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Belleayre Interactive Trail Map

Benny Profane
This post was updated on .
Sonolco, you seem to be an earnest and nice young man. But, you need an intervention. You're traveling in the wrong direction. I'm guessing that you're positioning yourself for some corporate position in one of the great Satans of the contemporary ski industry, like Vail, or, this IKON thing, which I really don't know what it is, but, they certainly need better marketing expertise, for sure. Or, worse yet, ORDA. (Ewww) Heres the thing. Before all that, you need to be forced to live in some ski town in the west, you know, real mountains, real snow, and forced to live in a group share of, oh, five or six young ski bum dirtbags. It's ok if daddy pays for most of it, but, you have to live there for a full season. Then, you have to clock in at least 80 days skiing. At least. All conditions. And no two runs and it's a day bs. You ski a lot.

Now, after that, then come back and tell us about how Belleayre is even worth your mental energy.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
So it's not even worth talking about New York ski areas on the New York Ski Blog anymore?  Ridiculous.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
That’s cool they have an interactive map.  Not the best I’ve seen, but good on them!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Call me old school, but nothing like a hi res PDF I can zoom with.

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Marcski wrote
Call me old school, but nothing like a hi res PDF I can zoom with.

Haha totally agree.

The idea is that you can see what is open on your phone when skiing. Hey I'm an admitted phone zombie but I just look for ropes.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Snow
I swear to god, Whiteface used to have an interactive trail map. Apparently not anymore. Either that or I'm dreaming.
I'll take boilerplate ice over wet snow any day
Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Snow
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
Benny Profane wrote
Sonolco, you seem to be an earnest and nice young man. But, you need an intervention. You're traveling in the wrong direction. I'm guessing that you're positioning yourself for some corporate position in one of the great Satans of the contemporary ski industry, like Vail, or, this IKON thing, which I really don't know what it is, but, they certainly need better marketing expertise, for sure. Or, worse yet, ORDA. (Ewww) Heres the thing. Before all that, you need to be forced to live in some ski town in the west, you know, real mountains, real snow, and forced to live in a group share of, oh, five or six young ski bum dirtbags. It's ok if daddy pays for most of it, but, you have to live there for a full season. Then, you have to clock in at least 80 days skiing. At least. All conditions. And no two runs and it's a day bs. You ski a lot.

Now, after that, then come back and tell us about how Belleayre is even worth your mental energy.
You must be one miserable guy Benny.  I've yet to see you contribute one positive piece of information to this forum over the past month. Stop being a fuckin troll.
Reply | Threaded
|

Petronio
Ethan Snow wrote
You must be one miserable guy Benny.  I've yet to see you contribute one positive piece of information to this forum over the past month. Stop being a fuckin troll.
+1
Reply | Threaded
|

snoloco
In reply to this post by Ethan Snow
Ethan Snow wrote
I swear to god, Whiteface used to have an interactive trail map. Apparently not anymore. Either that or I'm dreaming.
They did.  It was very primitive and doesn't compare well to the technologies used today.  IMO, every ski area should have an interactive trail map.  Makes it so much easier to visualize a snow report for someone that doesn't know the mountain.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
In reply to this post by Ethan Snow
Ethan Snow wrote
Benny Profane wrote

Well, let me put it this way, little Ethan. Anybody that needs a trial map to find their way around that ski area really shouldn't think of skiing on a large western mountain without your mommy and daddy real close at all times. And leave those training wheels on the bicycle, too.
funny like a clown
Reply | Threaded
|

Ethan Snow
On that, we agree. From a marketing standpoint as far as making Belleayre as accessible to all ability levels as possible, an interactive trail map can't hurt.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gunny J
In reply to this post by Benny Profane
  Benny you might think Belleayre is beneath you, but it fits a  need for a beginner ski area close to the masses. Yesterday I took a young foreign exchange student skiing at B and it was the perfect place to learn. Flat lower mountain where chance for injury was slim.
   Whether she ever goes skiing again I don"t know if she will, but she was thrilled to get a Ride to the top of the mountain at the end of the day and make it down
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
Gunny J wrote
. . . [Belleayre] fits a  need for a beginner ski area close to the masses. Yesterday I took a young foreign exchange student skiing at B and it was the perfect place to learn. Flat lower mountain where chance for injury was slim.
   Whether she ever goes skiing again I don"t know if she will, but she was thrilled to get a Ride to the top of the mountain at the end of the day and make it down
When my friends who have the MAX Pass checked out Belle in Dec, they found it good for their needs.  Husband is an advanced boarder, wife is a cautious intermediate.  She liked the greens on the lower mountain for the first day of the season.  Really enjoyed the view from the top of the quad and the easy green that was empty.  We were there just before the gondola opened.  I have no doubt she would enjoy the gondola and Deer Run from the top.  While he could ride up, and then meet up for the next run.

I much prefer Belle to Hunter.  Haven't checked out Windham yet but don't feel much need to add it to my "tourist mode" ski safari list.

As for trail maps, best approach is both a Vista Interactive Map and a hi-res PDF that I can download.  Still stuck with slow DSL at my house so having a map I can review on my laptop is a good thing.