Belleayre Mountain; 12/31/13

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Belleayre Mountain; 12/31/13

Petronio
Continued a family tradition of skiing on New Year's Eve day.  All prior years were at Catamount; this is the first time we did it at Belleayre.  

Got to the mountain at 8:45 and were geared up and at the double chair beside Discovery Lodge shortly after 9:00.  Basically nobody else on the lift.

There were soft flurries falling all day.  The upper mountain looked pretty well covered, but according to the trail info not all the double blacks were open.  (We did not ski them to find out.)

The three girls going down Mohican.  Groomed icy granular.  

It was really cold today -- a lot of breaks in the lodge to warm up.    After lunch I took them up to the top.  Here they are on Roaring Brook around 12 noon -- starting to get skied off a little bit.  If the mountain were more crowded today, there probably would have been a lot of icy or bare spots.

No pics, but from the hi-speed quad it looked like good coverage on Tongora and Belleayre Run.

Bonus pic of Discovery Lodge from last Saturday around 10 a.m.:

Looking forward to the snow later this week, will likely head back out Saturday or Sunday.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Belleayre Mountain; 12/31/13

Gunny J
  Looks Wintery nice , glad you had a great family day in the Cats. My family and I have had some fun days there.
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Petronio
Petronio wrote
Is there a story behind how this shot was taken?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Petronio
Just from the opposite double chair . . . looks like I climbed the pole?