Z
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Belleayre fail says Catskill Heritage Alliance

Z
This post was updated on .
PeeTex wrote
Do I think ORDA is mismanaged, if I were running ORDA I would not hire a lot of the people they do and I would fire a whole bunch more. I would then get run out on a rail by the politicians. But then maybe it's better to hire who they do than leave them on welfare. Consider it workfare even if they spend half their day smoking pot in the woods. Yes - I have mixed feelings about ORDA. Somedays I wish they would get a real corporate leader, others I think they may have struck the right balance. I am sorry - but yes, I am conflicted.
Pee

I can tell you for sure that nobody is getting rich working for Orda.  Many of us are professionals in other fields, retired military, etc. and work there because we love skiing.  Orda has been cost cutting making us doing it for fun starting to question if it's really worth it.  Many others work hard to support their families.  Without the hard working staff that make snow, groom, run lifts etc the ski areas would not function.

I won't even dignify your implication that everyone working there is on drugs with a response.

It's the second of day of the month and you are already going to win the Troll of the month award.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Uh, getting stoned then riding the snow shovels downhill.....

Coach, I don't think he meant vitually everyone, but I bet there's more stoners there than..... Supposedly the back of Gore's main building used to be 420 central. Then the popo got involved. Sorta changed things or caused a relocate ?

No worries for Cheech, soon it will all be legal. Not sure how I feel about that.

Any thoughts Benny ?
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
We know what Side Benny is going to come down on that one.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Z - so your saying that there isn't a single employee anywhere within ORDA that would not make it in a privately held ski area and that no one has ever slipped behind the shop to grab a toke. That's pretty impressive.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottySkis
shop to grab a toke.

Skiiers and snowboareds smoke mj more then average people that is a fact. He can believe wants he wants but I sure workers from ORDA have and given a chance I like to smoke with them.
Scotty
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
Z - so your saying that there isn't a single employee anywhere within ORDA that would not make it in a privately held ski area and that no one has ever slipped behind the shop to grab a toke. That's pretty impressive.
No you said you would not hire most of Orda workers.

Could it happen sure but it could happen also at any private business as well.

I've worked at Whiteface for 14 seasons and have never witnessed what you are claiming.  You would be able to smell it on people and I have not experienced that either.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Z, put your reading glasses on, I said a lot, not most. You are certainly prone to exaggeration.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
pee

You said you would not hire a lot and would fire a whole bunch more.  It's pretty easy to say that how you worded it would be half the work force.  Sorry we don't meet your standards up here.

Where exactly would all your staff come from if you were stupidly put in charge?
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Coach Z wrote
Where exactly would all your staff come from if you were stupidly put in charge?
Good point Z. Population is slim pickens up there. Maybe hit the North Pole and round up Santa's elves after the holiday ? Those little fellas work their beenies off. Rather jolly too. Must get it from the Big Guy. No need for weed in that group.....so more for the locals!

Think he'ld keep you on ?
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by Z
Coach Z wrote
pee

You said you would not hire a lot and would fire a whole bunch more.  It's pretty easy to say that how you worded it would be half the work force.  Sorry we don't meet your standards up here.

Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
In reply to this post by Snowballs
Snowballs wrote
Good point Z. Population is slim pickens up there. Maybe hit the North Pole and round up Santa's elves after the holiday ? Those little fellas work their beenies off. Rather jolly too. Must get it from the Big Guy. No need for weed in that group.....so more for the locals!

Think he'ld keep you on ?
Is that different than the EB5 program? I'm confused, don't most areas get south americans?
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Yes they do because there are not enough locals to fill all the positions.  At WF most are working for Centerplate but some also work in Ops.

If Pee were running things he would not have enough staff unless he imported some from his latest internet startup that he is going to make billions on.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
In reply to this post by PeeTex
You think they dont smoke weed at private hills?  HMM ever been to Stowe?  Do you think there employees are better than ORDA's, I dont.    Finding a ski hill where employees dont smoke weed would be impossible, does not mean everyone smokes...and a lot that do can probably do there job better than anyone on here can.  To each there own.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by Z
Coach Z wrote
Yes they do because there are not enough locals to fill all the positions.  At WF most are working for Centerplate but some also work in Ops.

If Pee were running things he would not have enough staff unless he imported some from his latest internet startup that he is going to make billions on.
Practicing your trolling skills again. Sorry, not gonna feed you on this one.
Reply | Threaded
|

Benny Profane
The OP's original posts make my eyes hurt.
funny like a clown