444 messages Options
1 ... 78910111213 ... 23
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Best Ski Videos

I:)skiing

Harvey wrote
I have to agree with Noah on this one. When I went to Jay I was blown away at how far apart the trees were vs what I am used to a Gore, Plattekill, Hickory.

Makes me wonder if those glades are in trouble, like healthwise.

Harv,    Good question.   However my first inclination would be that Jay understands people know their mountain for trees.   That is all I hear on the chair lift from clients.   "I want to go to Jay to ski trees, I hear they are awesome"     As such Jay may be opening their trees more and more to accomodate the growing number of people who come to ski their "trees".    Consider if the number of tree skiers increased at Gore 10x, would they open up too?    Gore is taking unmarked tree runs and placing them on the map.    Once that is done, more metal hits wood in the summer to reduce flesh hitting wood in the winter.   I wonder what Twister Glades looked like 20, 15, 10, 5 years ago.     I honestly don't know but would guess it was not the open field it is today.              
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by I:)skiing

I:)skiing wrote

A highly regarded boss told me some years ago......

"when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging"        PA, please consider this, while I don't know you, I believe this bit of saged advice would benefit you in your personal, social and career relationships.
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Speaking of which, why is there no "like/dislike" or aura feature on this forum?
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
^ Very cool segment.

Funny thing, when I first heard that tune by First Aid Kit, I thought it would work well in a ski movie. Glad to see it does.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Night Skiing Video

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
I can't tell if this is just a cool gimmick for filming or if they actually recommending wearing this redonkulous outfit.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Night Skiing Video

MC2 5678F589
They were wearing the outfit.

And I posted this in the ski video thread a while ago. Try and keep up.

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
mattchuck2 wrote
They were wearing the outfit.

And I posted this in the ski video thread a while ago. Try and keep up.

Yeah I certainly should have remembered since I fixed the embed. I think.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I think I finally got it myself. The nabble embed tags don't really work with Vimeo too well. I just switched to HTML and pasted the embed code directly.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I'm moving away from using Nabble tags anyway as they will not work with whatever new forum software we end up with.  Although at this point I've all but given up as there is very little chance I'm taking the forum down for 2 or 3 days at this point in the year.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
mattchuck2 wrote
I think I finally got it myself. The nabble embed tags don't really work with Vimeo too well. I just switched to HTML and pasted the embed code directly.
On your smart phone?  
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I always have trouble getting to the embed codes on my phone. I think I put that one up from my laptop.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Yeah, me too.  They only are available on youtube if you're on the desktop version.  I used to be able to load that on my phone, but apparently it's become too "smart" for that and redirects me to the mobile page - and no embed codes.
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator

Follow my gaze .. from Jan Thinoks on Vimeo.

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This is really good and only two minutes. Some incredible skiing and snow, only two minutes, filmed in 1962..

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1041834459162&set=o.2396254005&type=2&theater

Not sure if you have to be connected to the FB group to see or not. LMK
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Yeah baby...https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QKaTHmNKL-g
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Jordan Manley has seamlessly segued from still photography to film. Here's a great piece on LaGrave France...número une in my skiing bucket list.  
http://unofficialnetworks.com/2014/10/get-stoked-for-winter-la-grave-a-skiers-journey

TD  
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Beans and Rice Season 2 opener.

http://vimeo.com/m/109541358

F$&@ing Hippies

Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I like the Tele (although the skiing looks a little weird, like they don't have a lot of hip flexibility and their upper and lower bodies move in unison), but the bro culture in that video is a little too strong.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Re: sking, yes, I agree Matt, I'm guessing that they grew up skiing (tele) with minimal exposure to hard pack/boiler plate etc, as well as on modern fat/rockered skis.  No need to keep the upper body facing the fall line while angulating and driving the downhill hips forwards and into the turn.  It's pretty amazing how a fat rockered ski allows you to get away with an extremely casual technique in unmanaged snow... My old self in my Tele racing days would be appalled.  My present self just appreciates that one can now buy their ability.. (Sort of...)
1 ... 78910111213 ... 23