444 messages Options
1 ... 45678910 ... 23
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Best Ski Videos

Telemark Dave
Sick Bird Rider wrote
Nice one, TD. Did you notice that the music was by fellow Hinterlandian, Buck 65?

They all seem to be skiing SO FAST in these vids. Or am I just old?
I just noticed now...thanks.

Ski fast?   Betcha you're watching them at 45 rpm.   All the smart kids run it at 33-1/3!  

TD
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
We should probably just start a Salomon Freeski TV thread. The latest episode is full of happy skiers, stoke and some fantastic tree skiing shots:

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Ha! ya beat me to it SBR.     If you get a chance, check out the first issue of SBC Skier magazine (buyers guide)
There's a story by our old friend Les A.  that goes with this video.    Also note Les appearing briefly right after Mike Douglas has a close encounter of the avalanche kind.    Yellow Jacket, shaved head.  

TD
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
I thought someone put this up a little while ago, but I scrolled a few pages back and didn't see it.

The reason I brought it back is that Sherpas' All.I.Can. Movie is streaming on Netflix now. Great movie, but a little too much lava footage filler and global warming rationalization bullshit for me (fine to bring up Global Warming, but then don't say "however, it's okay when WE use helis and snowmobiles and go to Greenland and Morocco and Chile, etc.)

Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
That is pretty cool, though I couldn't see watching the entire movie.   The J.P. Auclair - Trail urban segment is also a nice piece.  

T.D.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
here's a trailer for DownsideUp.....

I always love watching anything filmed in Chamonix...The French are so sang-froid about exposure.  
Just another day at the office...."dry skiing"????  

And ropes....?   Meh.   Overrated.

TD
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Telemark Dave wrote
I always love watching anything filmed in Chamonix...The French are so sang-froid about exposure.  

Great trailer.  I'm so tired of the urban ski genre.  Cham is the opposite end of the spectrum and exactly what I like to see in a ski flick:  mountains.

Love the line "better to fall than break out the ropes."  I enjoy a little exposure, but some of that shit is sick.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Adk Jeff wrote
Telemark Dave wrote

Great trailer.  I'm so tired of the urban ski genre.  Cham is the opposite end of the spectrum and exactly what I like to see in a ski flick:  mountains.

Love the line "better to fall than break out the ropes."  I enjoy a little exposure, but some of that shit is sick.
Me too Jeff.  Though as the dad of a 16 year old park rat, I have to show a bit of interest ...

Do a search (you tube or Vimeo) for Seb Montaz.  He's the videographer of the above, and being based in the Alps has a mountaineering focus.  Though I do recall him doing a vid of a sandwich de-construction...

TD
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Not exactly a ski video, but it reminds me somehow of freeheel skiing.  

TD
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
More freakin' Chamonix fun.   Nate Wallace shares the good life with us 9-5ers.

TD
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Telemark Dave
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
DackerDan wrote
I recall seeing that video on discovery or nature or one of those cable programs. They are so cool. Not sure the relation to freeheeling, maybe it's about auguring in. I sure think they would make a hell of an avi rescue dog, maybe some cross breeding is in order.

FTW.  

Some self deprecating humour.....

TD
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
<quote author="Telemark Dave">
DackerDan wrote
I recall seeing that video on discovery or nature or one of those cable programs. They are so cool. Not sure the relation to freeheeling, maybe it's about auguring in. I sure think they would make a hell of an avi rescue dog, maybe some cross breeding is in order.

Actually, SBR's dog Utah is constantly sticking his head deep in the snow.   He is  some sort of wild/domestic half breed from a First Nations community..  SBR says there's wolf in him, but it must be a really, really short wolf.  

TD
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
CONTENTS DELETED
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
DackerDan wrote
Telemark Dave wrote
 SBR says there's wolf in him, but it must be a really, really short wolf.  

TD
To quote Mark Twain " it's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog"

Absolutely.  Though Utah is more of a lover than a fighter....as in he loves to go skiing.   Best "ski" dog I've known.  
He tends to get bogged down in the fresh though.  Boot high to us, and he gets the face shots.....

I better find another vid to post to get this thread back on track. Not that there's anything wrong with the untracked.

TD
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
What we need is some more JaPOW!!!!

TD
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by DackerDan
Short wolf getting face shots:

Dacker Dan - full report here:
http://forum.nyskiblog.com/Tales-from-the-Hinterland-2012-13-edition-tp4021664p4026722.html

We now return to your regular ski video programming.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
CONTENTS DELETED
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
This is amazing on so many levels. Take a crew of jibbers, a couple of pickup trucks, a Banshee Bungy and some shovels to Detroit, and look what happens. Not to mention the eye-opening urban desolation for those of us leading sheltered lives in the forest:

Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Many of Detroit's tall downtown buildings are also empty. Vast neighborhoods are abandoned. Not enough police, fire depts or ambulances. Call 911 and it's likely to take an hour for an ambulance to get to you. It's very bad.
1 ... 45678910 ... 23