Best food at Gore

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Best food at Gore

CPTele
For those of you who buy food at Gore, what's your favorite go-to item?

Their chile had been a favorite of mine for years. They always tossed in chunks of [yesterday's] grilled sausage and hamburgers and they seemed to get the spice blend right. It was one of the best ski-mountain chiles around, 2nd in my book only to that at Boule's Bistro at WF (although haven't been there in years).

However this year Gore/Centerplate seems to have changed their recipe.  Gone are the meaty chunks and good spices and now it ranks as mediocre at best. Plus they don't even throw in the cornbread anymore for "free".

Anyone have any good go-to items when eating at Gore that I should try next?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Best food at Gore

I:)skiing
Chili message is disappointing.   I'll start a rumor that the new head chef has a dog who now benefits from the overwarmed sausage and burgers.      

More than likely it was the food police.  "you can't reuse that meat, it must be tossed"    

For me, I go with the pizza.   I have not skied Gore yet this year (other trips) but it has been fresh dough, good cheese and sauce.     They get the dough bubbles just right.    Maybe you NY'ers get better, but us Marylander's sure like it.      Next, a hot ham n cheese panani.  
Reply | Threaded
|

poindexter
In reply to this post by CPTele
They have a new head chef so she is probably using a different recipe.  I was not a fan of the sausage in the chili, so I like the new version better.  I also like their grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches, as well as the Adirondack salad with the apples, nuts and cheese.
Reply | Threaded
|

Hoser
The Sagamore is gone!  That was the best!
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
In reply to this post by poindexter
poindexter wrote
 I also like their grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches
What, no bacon?
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
Coffee and chocolate chip cookie FTW!

(although the base lodge makes a pretty rad breakfast sandwich.)
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

gebbyfish
Soups are always good at the Saddle Lodge, but our faves are après ski at Café Sarah in North Creek for coffee and mozzarella/pesto paninis!  Yum.  And there chocolate chip cookies are not too shabby either!  
Reply | Threaded
|

Denis.N
- N.E. Clam Chowder gets vote from my kids; - Buffalo wings were very popular at ski club mixer, I think they server them at Tannery only;
Reply | Threaded
|

SIAWOL
Gore Mountain Magic Bar.

$3 at Saddle, $4 at base....go figure.

Reply | Threaded
|

TomCat
I've always liked the Chili or NE Chowder in a bread bowl. But I liked the previous chili recipe better. The bread bowl is excellent.

tom