classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Z
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Best ski area golf course

Z
What is your favorite golf course?  So many ski areas have golf courses to drive summer business.  Many of them to me seem forced to fit into mt terrain not well suited to golf.  Killington is an example of this to me.

I recently got to play Okemo's course and it is the best ski area course I gave played.  It is across the valley from the ski area so while it has rolling hills it's not forced and it still is walkable which to me is important as well.  It's in great shape and well run.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Best ski area golf course

tjf1967
The further you go south the better the course if going to be.  The growing season around our neck of the woods sucks. The greens still have not recovered.  You ever play that course out in Peru?  30 bucks with a cart.  Pretty decent little track.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Adirondack in Peru is a really nice lay out.  Reminds me more of a Carolina Pineland course.  Unfortunately they don't have a real course superintendent and in most years the course is not in great shape.  This year they compare well this season because of the winter damage the LP and other Dak courses suffered.  I've heard Saranac Inn had to paint their greens.

I played Westport last week that their greens are so fast and true.  They did not get that ice event due to their lower elevation.  Really nice tough course.

For the purpose of this thread I was not really considering all LP area courses as ski area golf since they are located not near the ski area and are owned separately. Also did not want to bias it since I'm a member at the Lake Placid Club.

I have played almost all of the ski area owned courses in VT except Jay which looks interesting.  Has anyone played that?
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
I understand Gore has a great mini Golf course, I don't play golf, seems like an incredible waist of time.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Z
Sugarloaf has an awesome golf course with several incredible holes.

Holiday Valley looks cool, but I've never played it.

I think I'd rather play Green Mountain National than Killington, but I haven't played either, so no actual opinion.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Totally agree that Green Mt National is a much better course than Killington.  When I worked there it was much cheaper to play at Killington but I preferred GMN.

I think Killington is the example of trying to fit a golf course into terrain that does not really work for golf.  That is what impressed me so much about Okemo is that it did not feel that way.

I have not played Sugarloaf.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gorefarmhouse
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
Peak and Peak, south of Holiday Valley.  2 championship courses, one up high, one down low

http://www.pknpk.com/golf/upper/