Z
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Better skiing can't just be bought

Z
This post was updated on .
Wow
I read this and I had the moment like at the begining of Jerry Maguire where I was like someone finally wrote down what I had been thinking about for quite some time.

http://www.realskiers.com/NEWSLETTERS/better-skis-not-skiers.html

The big points  
1 all these great skis are making the skiing general public lazy and actally are becoming worse skiers skills wise not better

2 there are no bad skis any more just poor choices for individuals or bad choices for given conditions

3. Guys will spend 1000 bucks on gear and nothing on actually improving their skills.  I find women much more open to taking a lesson to improve.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Better skiing can't just be bought

MikeK
Banned User
1. Take anyone who has been skiing pins and leathers for years and put them on plastic boots and they will go crazy, jumping all around and carving like crazy.

2. Now take any Level III Telemark Instructor and put him on a pair of floppy leathers. He won't even be able to go down a flat green run. He will take his skis off and walk down on the side of the trail.
It seems in Telemark, this is not the case.  Quote from a CANSI Telemark Instructor... no idea what level.
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
In reply to this post by Z
Human nature. The same parallels can be drawn with golf. It ain't the arrows, it's the Indian...
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Z
Coach Z wrote

1 all these great skis are making the skiing general public lazy and actally are becoming worse skiers skills wise not better

Just think, Coach. There's an entire generation of skiers out there who have no idea how to weight a ski.
Reply | Threaded
|

ml242
Not just gear wise, nothing can improve what falls from the sky.