Big Air

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Big Air

Johnnyonthespot
Who here can do flips and such? I can't do any more than a 360 and all the old school airs.
 How does one go about getting to the next level of acrobatics?
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Big Air

Thacheronix
photoshop
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Ha! Is that your secret?
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
I was never much for flips or spins, I don’t love those sensations but I can’t say I’m interested in any air any longer really other than an airing turn or small stuff. The body says no more buddy.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by Johnnyonthespot
I used to do backflips, but I'm damn near 40 now. Conditions have to be right (pow out west, perfect jump). I went to "Camp of Champions" when I was 18 and really started to get them down well, but you know how things go away if you don't practice. I always wanted to do two things: a big mute backflip (JP Auclair-style) and a Lincoln Loop off a cliff. Never did either one of those.

If you want to try it, look for a mountain with one of those big airbags and just pay for a couple of hours.

PSIA used to do a summer event (open to anyone) where they let you go off the water ramps in Lake Placid (and gave you some trampoline time and instruction), but it looks like that has been moved to an airbag, too:

https://www.psia-e.org/jump/
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
MC2 5678F589 wrote
I used to do backflips, but I'm damn near 40 now. Conditions have to be right (pow out west, perfect jump). I went to "Camp of Champions" when I was 18 and really started to get them down well, but you know how things go away if you don't practice. I always wanted to do two things: a big mute backflip (JP Auclair-style) and a Lincoln Loop off a cliff. Never did either one of those.

If you want to try it, look for a mountain with one of those big airbags and just pay for a couple of hours.

PSIA used to do a summer event (open to anyone) where they let you go off the water ramps in Lake Placid (and gave you some trampoline time and instruction), but it looks like that has been moved to an airbag, too:

https://www.psia-e.org/jump/
I always meant to ask you that. We're basically the same age and I'm thinking it would be cool to pull it off. I have done a front flip into some deep snow. It was pretty sloppy and low air but I didn't die. Lol.
I don't rip, I bomb.