Bike Help please needed ASAP

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bike Help please needed ASAP

ADmiKe
I know this belongs in another forum (It's mountain related tho!), but due to forum traffic and the time needed for a response I'm posting here.

Mountain bike ppl please see below, as many of you may have noticed I've been seeking MTB info over the past few weeks:

Came across this sale too on a Diamondback Comp $650 shipped after discount - looks pretty nice
http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product_10053_10052_578148_-1

This is only on sale until end of the day so I sort of need a quick decision.  I was considering the Airborne Guardian and Motobecane Fantom Comp (bikesdirect) as the other choices.  I'm thinking this DB is pretty nice....

Thanks!
Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Bike Help please needed ASAP

gorgonzola
at a glance it looks like a pretty good value and spec. I don't know anything about db, I guess they focus on big box retail - you might search it on mtbr.com for some reviews...
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
gorgonzola wrote
at a glance it looks like a pretty good value and spec. I don't know anything about db, I guess they focus on big box retail - you might search it on mtbr.com for some reviews...
What he said.

FWIW, MSRP on the bike is $1200 so that does look like a good deal, assuming that it is the right bike for you. A hardtail 29er is versatile and fast.

http://www.diamondback.com/bikes-mountain-hardtail-xc-trail-29-overdrive-comp
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
In reply to this post by gorgonzola
Yes - been searching mtbr.com read all the info there it was somewhat limited...and focused more on the lower end version of same bike the regular overdrive, and sport.

I know there are some pretty big mountain bike fans over here so figured I could get some honest info from ppl who will be riding some of the same trails I hope to ride, amongst my local stuff down here in Jersey...we have a handful of trails, including some small elevation gain stuff...I live near the highest coastal area along eastern seaboard (Atlantic Highlands).  Not upstate new york status, but better than some of the flatter stuff in the area.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
I'm in pa, the only places in jersey in know of are round hill, 6(?) mile and allamuchy - mooch is pretty rocky  like peeyay and will eat you and that bike up
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
In my area I plan to ride Hartshorne Woods and Allaire State Park...hoping to be able to have a reason to be up in the LP/Wilmington area more now besides skiing.

My family potentially putting a house on our empty lot in the area is in the works, and should make a big difference in coming up outside of ski season.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
I forgot about allaire - although I haven't ridden there from what ive heard that bike would be perfect and would be great for the Wilmington area trails that I have ridden

now that blue is scheduled to close this weekend I'm starting to get a serious bike jones!
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
Cool - hopefully some others will chime in on this bike so I can make a decision.

I know Diamondbacks have sort of a stigma with the fact that they sell them at Dicks/Sports Authority...even REI...but i think the Dicks/SA offerings are mostly the real low end stuff.  I'm sure the hardcore guys would say something about that but I'm not too concerned with brand names and image.
Reply | Threaded
|

Thehof
Check out Framed bikes from MN. Just got myself the Alasken Alloy fattie. They also make 29ers and 26ers. Can't beat their prices. I Love my bike. Been riding when Im not skiing. The one you're looking looks good also.
Good Luck
"No Falls=No Bslls
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Full shush,,,, why mess around ?

Like a hard tail motorcycle,,,,, what's the sense ?
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
Snowballs wrote
Full shush,,,, why mess around ?

Like a hard tail motorcycle,,,,, what's the sense ?
What?