classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

**Blog Comments Login Issue**

Harvey
Administrator
Multiple people have mentioned that they can't login to comment on the blog.

While I am able to do so, apparently this is an issue that Google knows about. (Whether they CARE or not is another story).

For now, In the dropdown menu use the NAME/URL feature and just enter your name:

If the issue is resolved I will post again in this thread.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: **Blog Comments Login Issue**

ausable skier
Harv - as i posted on the blog that doesn't work for me

the only way i can post is anonymous
A true measure of a person's intelligence is how much they agree with you.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Bizarre.

Clearly some can login (I did it) and some can use Name/URL as shaman and Kid did. And they didn't enter a URL or their names would appear as links.

Thanks for your comment AS. Keep trying if you have comments.

If Name/URL is for some reason requiring a url just use any url: www.nyskiblog.com or maybe the URL of your favorite mountain.

Hopefully it will get fixed by Google.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
In reply to this post by Harvey
I've experienced this problem for several months now when commenting on NY Ski Blog, my own blog, and other blogs using my Google profile.  When I go to post the comment, I get routed to the Google login screen (even if I'm already logged in).  Then when I log in, I get routed back to the comment page and my comment is gone.  

A solution, which I found on a user forum, is to NOT check the "stay logged in" box on the Google login screen when you are routed there.  You then get routed back to the comment page and can post your comment.  This solution has been working for me for several months.

Hope that helps some users who might want to post with their Google ID.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Adk Jeff wrote
I've experienced this problem for several months now when commenting on NY Ski Blog, my own blog, and other blogs using my Google profile.  When I go to post the comment, I get routed to the Google login screen (even if I'm already logged in).  Then when I log in, I get routed back to the comment page and my comment is gone.  

A solution, which I found on a user forum, is to NOT check the "stay logged in" box on the Google login screen when you are routed there.  You then get routed back to the comment page and can post your comment.  This solution has been working for me for several months.

Hope that helps some users who might want to post with their Google ID.
Jeff thanks for the input. It helps to know that others are having the same issues.  I'm having no problem logging in, so I wasn't really aware.

I'm wondering if instead of using the login down in the comments box if using the login in the far upper right makes a difference. That's how I do it.

One thing about a free product = support is very iffy.

If other people have problems or solutions please post them here.

Are others having an issues using the Name/URL comment option? Ausable Skier said it wasn't working for him.
Reply | Threaded
|

endoftheline
Tried posting a comment on Gear Lust article and couldn't get it to take, gave up. Whats up?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Endo - did you try the Name/URL option?

It's a Google problem. Not much I can do.  

Very odd how some can post and others can't.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Endo,if you have a Google account (regardless of whether you're trying to post your comment with that Google ID or name/URL or someother way), try signing out first and then posting your comment.  I had the problem I describe 3 posts up ^^^^ just last night commenting on my own blog using my Google ID.
Reply | Threaded
|

endoftheline
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey, I tried the Name URL option and it was a no go. Only way to post for me seems to be anon.