We are currently accepting applications for an opening as Harvey Road's Hickory Blogger.
Compensation is a 2010-11 season at Hickory Ski Center with unlimited skiing and riding.
DEADLINE EXTENDED: To be considered for the job, applicants must post a Hickory Trip Report (TR) in the Harvey Road Forum by midnight on Feb 8, 2011.
Here's the fine print:
• TRs must include at least five photos and 200 words.
• TR must also include a thumbnail photo of HSC day ticket from the day skied.
• There is no limit on the number of TRs that can submitted by an applicant.
• TRs must be comprised of images and accounts EXCLUSIVE to Harvey Road (i.e. not posted on any other website).
• The job will be offered to the author of the BEST Exclusive Hickory TR as selected by the Harvey Road editorial board.
• The only job responsibility is the submission of at least one Hickory TR per month during the 2010/2011 season.
• The winner's 2010/2011 Hickory TRs (language and photos) will remain the property of Harvey Road.
• The pass is non-transferable.
• Applicant must have an avatar.
Win a season of free skiing/riding and support a recently revived local hill with vibe to spare.
Who knows ... you could become a minor celebrity in the New York State ski world!
Wholly hypothalamus! This is a great idea. Very progressive marketing and it won't cost Hickory anything really. Hats off to them for going forward and reaching out in this innovative way.
I suggested this to Big Tupper back when Harv was soliciting questions for his interview..." Free lift tickets for Bloggers like Harv or MC2 ". That way they'ld get basically free publicity to a certified ski audience that skis the area. I was surprised when they didn't do it. The Blogosphere can be a great way to generate a buzz.
Harvski's doing a great job/service blogging on these various start-up ski areas. Thanks for all you do...You da man Harv!
Opening day for Poma 2 at Hickory was simply amazing. Knee deep and untracked. The patrol opened a few of the popular tree shots for a short time, to get them skier groomed, in anticipation of the next storm. The Peril, Pete's Pipe and the Disconnect were all untracked. Even spots on the main runs remained untracked. Remember, every Saturday is a powder day at Hickory.
Avitar=Left Gully, Tuckerman Ravine
No Fat Chicks, Just Fat Skis
Rfarren of Brooklyn NY for his TR: The Hickory Time Machine 2/5/11. His epic day included a long drive from downstate, plenty of a$$-whupping Poma rides, some serious pow slayage, a beer or two, a ride to North Creek in a snow storm for a ski tune and dinner in town, and back to his bed in Warrensburg. Awesome.
Rob is now the proud owner of a 2011 Season's Pass:
Honorable mention has to go to our very own Powderqueen for her most excellent TR: