classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
16 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bluetooth Recommendations

Highpeaksdrifter
This post was updated on .
I'm looking for wireless audio drop-ins for my helmet. I want to be able to answer calls when they come in. Any help from someone who knows what they are talking about would be appreciated.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Bluetooth Recommendations

skimore
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
if you have a smith helmet they make a full Bluetooth set up that works pretty well. ive tried it a couple times and it comes in pretty clear. if you are just looking for a standard kit, the UClear systems work pretty well to. I also think you might be able to get a set of those from martini.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Highpeaksdrifter
These look pretty cool to me:  http://www.outdoortechnology.com/Shop/Chips/

Haven't tried them though.  They say they're universal and not brand specific.  

Harv, I can't get the hyperlink to work.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
Thanks for the info guys
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
http://www.backcountry.com/outdoor-technology-chips-wireless-bluetooth-helmet-audio

My brother in law has these. I asked about them he said works as advertised. He had the ear candy and they were spotty. They got better rating than any other set I was looking at.

I got blue buds. They are ear buds. Works perfect for bikes and running. Under the helmet they hurt the ears.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Highpeaksdrifter
Highpeaksdrifter wrote
Thanks for the info guys
Thanks for asking the question....I think. You just cost me 129 bucks!!

I've been thinking of getting bluetooth for my helmet as well, this was the nudge I needed to get it. All the reviews of those "Chips" were favorable so I went with them.l
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
They work damn good here in my office
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Which one did you get?
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by tjf1967

These

reviews were good. they seem durable, and were very easy to pair
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Dropped into my helmet (K2) with ease. Only issue I see is it will be a PITA to charge them only because I'll need to take the liner out to access the charging port. Yes, I did put my helmet on and rocked out to Alice in Chains last night
Reply | Threaded
|

pro2860
campgottagopee wrote
Dropped into my helmet (K2) with ease. Only issue I see is it will be a PITA to charge them only because I'll need to take the liner out to access the charging port. Yes, I did put my helmet on and rocked out to Alice in Chains last night
I'm gonna have to check yours out sometime soon. I need to get something since the cord broke off my helmet at the end of last season.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
<quote author="campgottagopee">
HPD --- did you get these???? They work great for me, I'd recommend them to anyone who's looking.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
My kids got me the Skullcandy Bluetooth setup (designed for Smith, but look like they would work in other helmets) for Christmas.  I'll let you know next week how they work (in home test, at least).

I considered the Outdoor Technology ones.  Reviews were pretty consistent with the Skullcandy, but a few said the sound wasn't that great.  I took that with a grain.  The one thing I liked about the Skullcandy is the control device you can put on the ear flap of the helmet.  Easily accessible buttons.  Hope it doesn't look too stupid on the helmet.  The Outdoor Tech setup has their controls on the speaker itself, no?  Seemed like it could be inconvenient to jigger with the controls hoping to press the right spot on the ear flap of your helmet.  How have you found that to be?
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
JTG4eva! wrote
   The Outdoor Tech setup has their controls on the speaker itself, no?  
Correct

JTG4eva! wrote
  Seemed like it could be inconvenient to jigger with the controls hoping to press the right spot on the ear flap of your helmet.  How have you found that to be?
I've found them easy to use, as well as easy to find with my gloves on (fairly big buttons). I was concerned about that as well but so far it's been a non issue. I have no plans on answering my phone while skiing so I can't comment on that function, but raising and lowering the volume has been a breeze.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
Installed the SkullCandy setup in my Smith helmet.  Everything looks and feels like quality out of the package.  Easy installation and pairing.  Looks good on the helmet, and the sound quality is very good.  While the sound quality is very good, the volume didn't knock my socks off, which is probably a good thing.  Will have to wait and see how the volume is when actually skiing.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!