classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
51 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Boating Thread - Last boat ride for the year

Harvey
Administrator
Coach... bringin politics out of the OT.  I'd bust him for it but his writing skillz are as limited as a Trump supporter.

You done for the year already?

Nice shots. Water skiing is fun as hell.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I couldn't help it.  I wrote the word crooked at the next thing that popped into my head was her.

Harv you and your kin are welcome to come up for a boat ride sometime.
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Coach Z wrote
I couldn't help it.  I wrote the word crooked at the next thing that popped into my head was her.
Take it over to the OT and I'll agree.

Coach Z wrote
Harv you and your kin are welcome to come up for a boat ride sometime.
You're a good man Coach, looks like fun.
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Loaded the family pontoon boat full of camping and paddling gear Saturday afternoon to head up into the Narrows (Lake George) for an overnight campout.

North of Bolton Landing, where my family has a place on the lake, it's nothing like Lake George village.  The state owns most of the shoreline and just about all of the many islands.

Passing Shelving Rock (gotta check out the climbing there soon):

Got our site picked out and set up camp:

Took turns with the kayak and paddleboard as the sun sank lower:

Cooked some burgers and weenies:

The moon came up:

And the sun went down:

Campfire and s'mores:

Woke up to loons calling, bright sun and calm water:

The Queen of American Lakes.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Wow. That looks like a great spot. We rented a place in Bolton landing a couple years ago. There are some cool paddling spots up there. I agree the north end of the lake is nicer.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
Jeff
That looks like a great time
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Tortuga ?
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
Snowballs wrote
Tortuga ?

Fork Island
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Maxed out my day off yesterday with some evening boat time after playing golf.  

My son water skied and then we just slowly trawled and looked at rich poeples lake houses.  I love LP in the evening when its quieter out there.

This shandy is my fav boat beverage. Low test and very refreshing. A cross between beer and an Italian lemon ice in taste and not sweet.

Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
Great report and pics Jeff !!L Totally agree on location we spend several weeks in Sept at Bolton Landing each season , its a wondeful place . Been going there since i was 6 yrs old and THAT was 67 yrs ago !!

Been a helluva lot of places on the globe BUT upper LG is one the best !

Been thinking about relocating from the Riverto THAT region , since it is about 3.5 hrs to both our kids in Manhattan and near 495 land 20 miles west of Boston
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
With the Ironman in LP we got out on Lake Champlain yesterday.  It was windy in the morning so we planned to go out late afternoon.  We put in at 4 at Port Douglass and it was still pretty choppy.  Went out to the far end of Willsboro bay and by 5pm it was smooth enough to water ski.  My 74 year old energizer bunny of a father in law water skied for the first time in over a decade.  My son is skiing really well crossing the wakes and getting way out to the side of the boat.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
Took Gunny and his crew out on LP today.  We had a good time on the lake.  I think he has photos to post.

I have never seen the dec boat ramp in LP that backed up.  People were parking thier boats and just leaving them blocking the ramps for extended erodes.  They should be castrated.

FYI if you park a car in a long lined parking spot with out a trailer at a dec boat launch you will get ticketed.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Wow. Omg the D-bags ya see at a boat ramp. You can literally just expect it. We play a game......how long will it be until some one f's up. ....will it be a minor d-bag affair or will it blossom into a full blown cluster fudge ?

People be f'ked up at boat ramps.  Word. Heads firmly planted up their ........
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I've only had my boat a few years so I recall how clueless I was a short time ago.  If you are the only trailer / boat handler in your group it's so much harder.  I now alway ask a guy by himself if he needs a hand as I know how hard it is to do it by yourself.  The last couple times out I had someone else that could drive the trailer.  Yesterday I dropped Gunny off and pulled back out to wait my turn then he came in with the trailer I got the boat on and we were done in two mins.

What pisses me off is lately I've noticed that boats from the rich folks that have homes on the non car access parts of the lake have been leaving thier boats tied up blocking the ramps in the evening and going for dinner or drinks.  That is total bs.  If you can afford to own one of those homes you can afford to pay for a marina slot.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Coach Z wrote
I've only had my boat a few years so I recall how clueless I was a short time ago.  If you are the only trailer / boat handler in your group it's so much harder.  I now alway ask a guy by himself if he needs a hand as I know how hard it is to do it by yourself.  The last couple times out I had someone else that could drive the trailer.  Yesterday I dropped Gunny off and pulled back out to wait my turn then he came in with the trailer I got the boat on and we were done in two mins.

What pisses me off is lately I've noticed that boats from the rich folks that have homes on the non car access parts of the lake have been leaving thier boats tied up blocking the ramps in the evening and going for dinner or drinks.  That is total bs.  If you can afford to own one of those homes you can afford to pay for a marina slot.
Is there signage not to do this? If not - ask the DEC to put it up.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
There is not a sign

There are two spots where boats can be tied up that don't block the ramps.  To block a ramp is a huge no no that anyone should understand.  The guy is lucky someone didn't just set his boat adrift.

The signage on the parking issue needs to be better.  You would think poeple would understand spots lined for trailers should not be used for cars with no trailers.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Coach Z wrote
You would think poeple would understand spots lined for trailers should not be used for cars with no trailers.
Some people are just plain stupid. These are probably Clinton supporters.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by Z
Coach Z wrote
There is not a sign
Usually there's a " Launch Only. No Docking. " sign ...... on the end  of the dock?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by PeeTex
Keep the politics in the OT.
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Z
I agree plus my guess is those owning homes on LP are not too interested in Hillary.