Boot Fitting Technical Question

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Boot Fitting Technical Question

ADmiKe
I made some custom boot shims from EVA foam sheet, and would like to know where the proper place to insert them is...under the insole inside the liner, OR under the liner between the liner and the shell.

I am doing this for volume reduction, as I have a narrow foot and some boots that have packed out a bit.

Thanks
Mike
Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Boot Fitting Technical Question

MC2 5678F589
Why don't you try both and see what feels better?
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by ADmiKe
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

ADmiKe
I guess what I was getting at is there a right or wrong way to do it (in or out of the liner).  I already made the shims, and put them in the liner, but then I was doing some research and it looks like everything says to put it outside of the liner.  I'm not sure if there is a reason for this...maybe better to raise the whole liner, rather then raise your foot within the liner, or if it really doesn't matter at all.

If I'm going to mess with it, I want to do it the "right way" because I think the overall effect in or out of the liner will feel the same.
Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life.
Reply | Threaded
|

Footer
I have a wedge in my boot and they are on the outside of the liner.  Had it done at Inside Edge.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
In reply to this post by ADmiKe
Lots of ways to make a boot bigger. Trying to get them to fit smaller is always an uphill battle that never worked out well for me. Good luck.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
I have a narrow foot too so I'm always fiddling around w/ shims, wedges, tape etc etc. I've always skied in Lange Boots, they just seem to fit best for narrow feet. It will take you a looooong time to get these boots just the way you want them. My current boots (WC 120's) are 4 years old and it took me 2 years of fiddling to get them where I liked 'em. All my shims are on the outside of the liners and duct taped. Good luck.