Boyne Highlands. Harbor Springs,Mi. 2/22/19

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Boyne Highlands. Harbor Springs,Mi. 2/22/19

Mi Skier
Today was day 2 of the mini tour of the mitten. Megan and I went to Boyne Highlands today. The forecast called for sunshine 35 degrees and no wind. It was definitely a blue bird kind of day. Neither of us had ever been to the Highlands and looking at it from Nubs Nob across the road it didn’t look like it would be anything special. I can say I was wrong. There is a good size open bowl, but there is even more runs that go through trees and a number of them have the narrow northeast feel. We had nice soft corduroy snow everywhere and due to the low amount of skiers it lasted a long time. From the top of the Interconnect lift you can see the Mackinac bridge (couldn’t get a pic that you could see it in) which is 25 miles as the crow flies away. In the end we were on the ski hill just shy of 7 hrs and the best part is we get to go again tomorrow at Boyne Mountain this time Megan kicking back and resting here kneeLights on at Nubs Nob
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Boyne Highlands. Harbor Springs,Mi. 2/22/19

Ciscokid
 Glad you finally got to the highlands Ted I see Megan likes the center pole to herself! Glad you are bonding and having a great time and you got a nice bluebird day carry-on my friend we will see you soon
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by Mi Skier
Man, what a blue sky. Looks like a beautiful day.
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Mi Skier
Brownski wrote
Man, what a blue sky. Looks like a beautiful day.
A mostly cloud free day in Michigan is pretty rare. It was one of my top 5 days of skiing