Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Brakes for Tech Bindings

nepa
I couldn't find these when I originally bought Plum Guides:

Plum Guide Brakes
Kreuzspitze Brakes

I recently had a failure of my shotty DIY leash system, that required about 90 minute search to locate the ski.  I think I like the modular aspect of the Kreuzpritze setup better... as opposed to removing the toe piece on the Plum setup for permanent installation.

Does anybody have experience with either of these?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Brakes for Tech Bindings

ml242
I have experience with eBay, have you considered purchasing dynafits?
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
ml242 wrote
I have experience with eBay, have you considered purchasing dynafits?
Nope.  I already own a set of Plum Guides.  I don't really need another set of bindings.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by nepa
nepa wrote
I couldn't find these when I originally bought Plum Guides:

Plum Guide Brakes
Kreuzspitze Brakes

I recently had a failure of my shotty DIY leash system, that required about 90 minute search to locate the ski.  I think I like the modular aspect of the Kreuzpritze setup better... as opposed to removing the toe piece on the Plum setup for permanent installation.

Does anybody have experience with either of these?
 I got Guides and go brakeless and leashless. I like the permanent brake option over carrying something around to dick around with on change overs..........f that
Reply | Threaded
|

nepa
skimore wrote
I got Guides and go brakeless and leashless. I like the permanent brake option over carrying something around to dick around with on change overs..........f that
It's a double edged sword.  I don't think either (leash or brake) are real good options when touring.  Due to our lack of snow, my Plum rig has been my go to ski this year.  With low snow, touring has been limited, so I have been riding the lifts a lot.  A few weeks back I got yelled at for riding in the ski area with no retention devices.  I like the Kreuzspitze brakes because I can use them inbounds, and leave them at home when I am in the BC.  

I'm surprised someone has not invented a "ski beacon" that can be used in conjunction with an avalanche beacon for finding runaway skis in the BC.