Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Brant Lake

Cunningstunts
Banned User
Harvey wrote

Well...

The reason this site exists is that I (and some others... ML, James, Peter, Brownski, Coach, etc) like to write. The currency, or how we get "paid" is thoughtful comments on the front page and in the magazine. It's frustrating to put a lot of effort into a piece and all the comments end up on facebook. Sometimes too someone will start a related thread in the forum and all the comments will end up here.  Not busting you for it, how would you know?

This forum will go away eventually (replaced by something on wordpress) and all that input will be gone.  Plus it's just great to have the input right under the piece. I can't really explain it.

The forum (and to some extent the directory) is an after thought. Many of the people here used to post on a forum called skiadk.com (don't go there now it's been hacked and will infect your computer). In 2010 it was abandoned by the owner and one member suggested that I start another forum here to take it's place.

This site was on "blogger" at the time. One night in 2010 I was having beers with another forum member and I googled "how to add a free forum to blogger" and found Nabble.  If I had any idea the forum would actually gain this many members and posts I would have gone for a more robust paid product that is easier to manage.  That is why I am trying to move it.
I actually remember when this was a "blogger" blog.  There was another guy "Saratoga Skier and Hiker", which I often confused with this one - they were like the same thing to me ;).  I found it confusing when it went to Nabble.  I didn't really understand why there were other bloggers, or how they became such.  I figured this out recently as I read about it in one of the other sub-directories above.

Anyway, I like that old blog.  But I never really understood communicating with people on blogs.  To me, they were always like lectures.  You just sit and listen (or read).  A forum to me seems more interactive.
Reply | Threaded
|

BRLKED
In reply to this post by Cunningstunts
the Hub does well because of its location, four large lakes = relatively flat road riding. Check out this article from 2015,  they opened in May 2014.   https://www.glensfalls.com/glensfallsbusinessjournal/2015/05/unique-brant-lake-establishment-the-hub-has-drinks-restaurant-food-and-bike-shop/   
Reply | Threaded
|

BRLKED
Also Riding --The Hub   http://www.thehubadk.com/index/