Brant Lake

23 messages Options
Cunningstunts Cunningstunts
Reply |
Open this post in threaded view

Brant Lake

I was reading the blog on the front page today and was wondering who owns the trails in Brant Lake?

These are open to the public now?
BRLKED BRLKED
Reply |

Re: Brant Lake

The Hub which is a wine and beer bar/restaurant with  full service bike repair/parts is open from the beginning of May thru the end of October,it is located on 250+/-acres at the base of Bartonville Mt. Right now there are about 4miles of finished trail, it is easy to get a 7 mile ride in by doing them in both directions and they are a hoot either way. As T Batt's article says it is a 400+ foot climb in the first mile to get to the top. Well designed climb but not beginner friendly. The potential for more trail is extensive, more will be built over the years. And yes the trails are free and open to the public.                                                                                                    
Reply |

THanks.  I figured it was The Hub, but I looked on the website and there was no mention of it.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

This would be an awesome bit of convo to have in comments on the homepage, support your local blogger and all. Just sayin/

{smiley emoji here}
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply |

Sorry, I don't really know the blog comment etiquette.
Reply |

I'd be interested to see how The Hub does as a business.

I've had the idea many times about opening a bar/restaurant at an old ski area and building it in to mountain bike trail center.  Possibly even running a lift on the weekends.  I've never run the numbers, but I was rather doubtful one could make the investment of building the trails pay off seen as how there is so much free stuff to ride.

Obviously those places didn't work out financially as ski resorts, but the bike season is much longer and requires less capital to run during the season.  Perhaps this is the new business model we will see pop up in small towns.
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

In reply to this post by Cunningstunts
There isn't any etiquette, and if there is I'm in violation of it not you. People should be allowed to speak out however they wish. I was speaking out loud when I should have been muttering to myself.

:)
Harvey Harvey
Reply |

I'm also interested in those questions and how they are doing. I'm talking with the owners now about doing an interview. If you have questions you'd like to pose, drop them here and I'll try to incorporate them.
JasonWx JasonWx
Reply |

Highland is a example of a ski area that is 100% biking..From what I hear they are very successful..

https://www.highlandmountain.com/
"Peace and Love"
Reply |

In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
There isn't any etiquette, and if there is I'm in violation of it not you. People should be allowed to speak out however they wish. I was speaking out loud when I should have been muttering to myself.

:)
I was actually serious.  I thought of posting a comment on the blog but I didn't know if my question would be answered and if it was appropriate to ask that question there.