Bosco DaSkia
This post was updated on .
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Bristol Conditions

skimore
Do they still want to lock you up and call the police for skiing the trees at that place?
Reply | Threaded
|

Bosco DaSkia
In reply to this post by Bosco DaSkia

Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
is the double black park up and running and a half pipe and quarter pipes as well?
Reply | Threaded
|

Bosco DaSkia
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
The double black park runs up under the slow quad.  I'm not much of a park person but, Bristol usually has a pretty nice park with jumps that start small and build up to bigger ones.  Most mountains just have bigger ones and I won't hit them.  Hitting the small ones in succession helps build confidence.  They have such a variety of features and it's setup in a logical way where you can hit them all in succession without having to choose which one to hit like a lot of places I notice that put features side by side.
Reply | Threaded
|

Glade Runner
Banned User
You look to be really getting around.  You should log your days on my tracking thread.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Bristol Mountain Is The First Ski Area Out Of 50 In New York State To Open For The 2017-18 Season (11-11-17)

Canandaigua, NY (November 11, 2017)  Today was a day for firsts.  It was the first day of the snowsports season.  Bristol Mountain is the first ski area out of 50 New York ski areas to open for the 2017-18 season.  It was also the first time in over 26 years that Bristol Mountain opened this early in November.  The last time was November 9, 1991.

“Guests as  young as 4 and as old as 86 came down to enjoy opening day.  It was  real family affair.  Friends Tyler Kennelly (age 10) and Alex Willard (age 11) won honors for First Chair of the new season.  They arrived at Bristol Mountain, very excited, at 9am even though the lifts didn’t start operating until noon.  It paid off because they were on the very first chair lift,” comments, Sales and Marketing Director, Drew Broderick.

Steve Fuller of Bristol Mountain’s management team thanked the crowd of anxious skiers and snowboarders and praised the efforts of the snowmaking team and rest of the Bristol Mountain staff, at the pre-opening ribbon cutting ceremony to acknowledge Bristol Mountain being the first ski area in New York to open.  Sunny skies and temperatures more typical of a late November open brought crowds out today.  Many were shocked to see the early morning Facebook post on the Bristol Mountain Facebook page stating that today would be opening day.

Bristol Mountain will be open on Sunday from 9am-4pm and encourage skiers and snowboarders to dust off their equipment and come down on Sunday to get some turns in.  Temperatures warm back up this week.  Management suggests that skiers and snowboarders check their website or Facebook page for operating dates after Sunday.  Please visit www.facebook.com/bristolmountain to see opening day photos and videos.  To inquire about the hours of operation please call the Guest Services office at 585-374-6000 or watch for updates on the Bristol Mountain Facebook page.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Kleetus
Skied Bristol today on account of the 14" they got yesterday. Skied well. All groomers but no ice until end of the day in a few high traffic areas. Was a little busy, but only for an hour or so. Really good day considering.
Reply | Threaded
|

Big D
Skied Bristol on Sunday 4/22/18. Lots of base left on several trails. Rocket trail has a massive base. It was super great spring skiing. The owner wants to re-open next weekend 4/28 and 4/29.

A couple of pics:

Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
thise a cups look like alot of fun!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
 BRISTOL MOUNTAIN SKI SEASON SPANS SEVEN MONTHS!

Canandaigua, NY (April 30, 2018)  Bristol Mountain will conclude it’s 2017-18 winter season on Tuesday, May 1, 2018! “This is the first time that we have skied in seven months (November 11th – May 1st)”, according to Dan Fuller, President & General Manager.  “Bristol Mountain was the first New York ski area to open in early November following one night of snowmaking on Sunset slope”, remarked Fuller.  Mountain Manager, Paul Trippi, said, “We had a short window of cold weather, essentially one night, so we made it work.  Our passholders were in line early for that first chairlift and they loved that we were open so early in the season.”

Steve Fuller, Vice President of Operations, credits the long season to Bristol’s snowmaking capabilities and staff.  He replied, “We have a committed staff to provide the best conditions possible all season long.  Mother Nature provided the early season cold temperatures which were great for snowmaking but sometimes too cold for skiers.”  Temps warmed up in January and were even warmer in February but March came in like a lion and went out like a lion. Several Snowfalls during March helped Bristol’s crew to present great winter conditions all month long.

To celebrate this monumental milestone of skiing in May, Bristol Mountain will open on Tuesday, May 1st from 9am-12pm.  Guest Services, Rocket Lodge, Rentals and the Locker Rooms will be open.  To commemorate the 128th day of the ski season, Bristol staff will give commemorative tee shirts to the first 128 guests who have a season pass or who purchase a lift ticket.  Please visit www.bristolmountain.com/conditions Monday evening for a list of anticipated trails and ticket price.
Reply | Threaded
|

greyMoose
This morning at Bristol.  Wish I could be there...

Closing day - May 1, 2018

http://www.bristolmountain.com/webcams/RocketWebCamLive.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
greyMoose wrote
Closing day - May 1, 2018

Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
In reply to this post by greyMoose
Awesome May 1  whod'da thunk it hahaha
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

tjf1967
Wow that's a lot of fan guns.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Looks sweet!

Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
Bristol open today, tomorrow and Sunday.

Can't believe it because they've had jack for snow.  Must have been blowing like crazy the last few days.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
I checked the cam today and it looks a lot better than it did yesterday.  They got a dusting and temps seem reasonable for the next week.  Perhaps they'll blow some snow.  I might get out there this week.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User

I don't know if anyone remembers this pic I posted in the "today's ride" thread, but I stopped by Bristol this past fall and I was wondering what was going on with Challenger.

https://www.bristolmountain.com/high-point-terrain-park/

It is what I had guessed.  A giant Ariels jump.

The bad thing is Bristol is down to three skiable black trails (Comet is a race trail and subject to be shut off at any time).

In other news, it looks like they killed the Morning Star terrain park and that's now some sort of race trail.  I need to see this in person and see what's going on.  That's not a particularly steep trail, so I'm not sure what the deal is.