classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
20 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bummed out today

warp daddy
This post was updated on .
Just buried my best buddy the Teefster my 20 lb male Siberian. Cat saturday  Poor guy awoke us at 4:45 am in obvious distress and pain , yowling and rapid gasping for breathe . he was an awesome cat who never complained about anything . he found us and we loved this big ole boy who acted more like a canine than a feline . He was a great comfort to me when i was recovering from my heart attack and open heart surgery 4 yrs ago .

the pain was obvious and from my research i estimated that he may have suffered a Saddle Thrombosis and often fatal affliction that can come on quickly and is deadly I was able to get a vet to see him as our normal vet was unavailable on this particular saturday . SHE absolutely confirmed my suspicions and she did not need ro explain ro me the grim prognosis , so as hard as it was to do we put him to sleep .

He now rests under his favorite Colorado Blue spruce with a nice BIG ole " Buddha Cat " marker .

I really  miss my buddy and the Queen is really down too. RIP Teefster u were a magnificent boy !!

Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Bummed out today

DrSkimeister
I'm saddened by the mews of your loss, Warp. You spoke highly of him on many occasions. He's lucky he spent so many good years with you, you're lucky he chose to stay with you and the Queen.

Condolences.
It's funny how fallin' feels like flyin', even for a little while
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Thanks a lot Doc , i was thinking of you saturday afternoon after this event. You helped me with several questions on certain issues with TEEF in the past and were a great help . joanie and i really appreciated what you did !

yeah we were enriched by his presence but know he had a highquality of life right to the end , just wished i could have done something but alas we dis all we could . jow we have freat memories and will have manygreat funny stories ro tell once this initial hurt eases . Fotunately  both my adult kids and all grandchildren arrived Saturday for a week of fun and frolic during the Annual Seaway Featival here so our time is filled withfun activities and several great feasts ;)

Im here alone now since i just got off the golf course and they are out at various festival events now , and i was usually. Greeted at the door by my ole buddy insuchcircumstances but now it prettydamn quiet :(

Thanks again doc for your verykind words
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
RIP Teef....

Sorry pal, losing pets, even when we know it's the right thing to do, is never easy......I feel your pain.

Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Thanks Campy i know how u love your dogs ,and that u get it!
Reply | Threaded
|

DackerDan
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Warp... I'm very sorry for your loss. A good pet, whether feline or canine, is a special friend and will always be missed.  My thoughts are with you Warp.  And you know, having your family there with you to distract you and your wife was all part of the plan.  Enjoy their company and share Teefster's memories and good times with them.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by warp daddy
(EDIT: Warp I dropped the image into your post. H)
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Thank you Marc, i absolutely believe WHAT. You said to be true and a serious blessing for that fact.

Harv a special thanks for "  righting " my buds pic , i am still technologically chalenged withthis ipad and how to get it to do certainthings that were easyon a laptop :) .  Sometimes i look at what comes out after i type it and itlooks like a just came home from  the  original Lollapalooza concert For the second time
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
warp daddy wrote
   Sometimes i look at what comes out after i type it and itlooks like a just came home from  the  original Lollapalooza concert For the second time
I wanna party with WARP!!!

Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
UPDATE : Was missing my buddy sooooo me and the Queen just welcomed Elizabeth , now known as Lizzie to our home.  We get her next tuesday after a series of things at our vets office  She is a 3 yr Black and white Long haired Angora Tuxedo cat a rescue from the local SPCA . we are stoked

i'll try and post a pic she is small and dainty but will be awesome !,

Reply | Threaded
|

Michaeltokyo
My condolences.

Reply | Threaded
|

tBatt
My pup I've had through my childhood passed away two years ago Christmas, and I came across this shortly thereafter.

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
warp daddy wrote
UPDATE : Was missing my buddy sooooo me and the Queen just welcomed Elizabeth , now known as Lizzie to our home.  We get her next tuesday after a series of things at our vets office  She is a 3 yr Black and white Long haired Angora Tuxedo cat a rescue from the local SPCA . we are stoked

i'll try and post a pic she is small and dainty but will be awesome !,

Good for you Warp

We humans sure are funny creatures

We go thru all kinds of pain after putting a pet down only to go out and get another one.....ain't it great
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Thanks Camp !!!  I know YOU GET it man !!! i am now pumped up and looking forward to this latest addition !

hell if i had my way. Id be  DR Doolittle
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
In reply to this post by tBatt
Tbatt ......... Man tears were running down my face from laffing so fn hard , THAT was fantastic and TRUE , ... It perfectly described EVERY Lab i ever owned and i have had many !!

Thanks young dude For cheering up the ole guy!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Darkside Shaman
Ted that was awesome, thank you! Warp many happy years for you and Lizzie :)
Gotta go to know
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
warp daddy wrote

She looks like a tree rat killer
Reply | Threaded
|

DrSkimeister
Good luck with the new kitty, Warp. Many mouse-free years ahead.

And, TBatt, that piece from The Oatmeal is classic. Thanks for sharing.
It's funny how fallin' feels like flyin', even for a little while
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
In reply to Campy re Treerat  killa

u got on Dis one Campster !!  She is  fn declawed , so gots to get me dat tree rat cannon bub , ;)