49 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Cancer Sucks

Harvey
Administrator
Johnnyonthespot wrote
Glad she's ok. You're good people and good karma will bless you. Sending positive vibes your way.
Brownski wrote
Yes
Good news Harv. Glad to hear
raisingarizona wrote
I’m super stoked to hear the positive news Harv! Much love from here in AZ.
Sick Bird Rider wrote
Harv, what a journey you have been on with this cancer thing. I'm glad this blog & forum effort supports you and that Z is out of the woods. Crying now, can't type well. Hope to to ski ya this winter.

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
With all the bad news out there, It's great to hear something good..
Now you and your family can enjoy the upcoming season...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
God Bless you and your family Harv

And here's to WINNING!!

I'll echo Jason --- I love starting my day off with good news
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
My family is dealing a health crisis right now, so I understand how much cancer affects everyone.

Happy to hear the good news this morning!

mm
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
Harv : So very thankful and happy that Mrs Harv has heard some very good news . You both are great people and we here know that through association on this wonderful medium . Know that we all have in some way been on this journey with you guys , some  have been onthe front line too in our family or circle of friends.  

So what a perfect Thanksgiving gift for both you guys and many others who have struggled with life threatening events . We have MUCH to be grateful for this year

Peace bro
W

Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
It's times like this that make me realize we are all more the same than we are different

Well wishes to your family MM
Reply | Threaded
|

D.B. Cooper
My stepfather had multiple myeloma.  One of the finest men I've ever met.  He was diagnosed in 2000 and, best case scenario, was given 10 years to live.  With that type of cancer you could either live a few years or live a few months with not much in between.

I'm going to see him this weekend.
Sent from the driver's seat of my car while in motion.
Reply | Threaded
|

Milo Maltbie
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
It's times like this that make me realize we are all more the same than we are different

Well wishes to your family MM
"Everywhere I turn, here I am." Susan Tedeschi
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
Good to hear Harv.  And snow in the hills too.  Breathe easy.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Kudos Harv. May the force continue to be  strong in you and yours.
Reply | Threaded
|

Face4Me
In reply to this post by Harvey
Wishing you & your family all the best ... hoping the news continues to be good.
It's easy to be against something ... It's hard to be for something!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Thanks to all for the positive juju.

I should probably reserve comment until I see whatever bills arrive, but I am amazed at what we just got over the last two day.  I'm sure Zelda and I have put a few hundred thousand into health insurance over the last 30 years.  But I can't even begin to imagine the cost of the care we just got.  And I didn't even think about the cost over the last week, which has value you can't really measure. Feel so lucky.

The people at Rutgers Cancer Center were so dedicated. At one point I had something to eat in the cafeteria and I found two employees (doctors, nurses, residents not sure) on their lunch break eating. I was struck by the fact that on their break they were talking about new treatments and patient outcomes, not their favorite tv show or whatever.

Our only negative experience was last night when we trying to leave, and I don't think the person involved was associated with the hospital.  

Who does this: watch a woman coming out of a cancer/surgical hospital in a wheelchair get slowly out of it, with help, and get into her car seat, adjust the seat, then her husband (me) runs around to the other side to get in and takes a minute to get moving. I'm in my seat looking for my driving glasses and turning on the GPS and this guy behind me is laying on the horn for several seconds because I am taking too long.WTF.
Reply | Threaded
|

warp daddy
A .wonderful Finnish hs exchange student we knew , a great athlete , bright , respectful wonderful young guy who became a Major Player in Finland financial industry when i asked him if he would LIKE to stay here and go to college .

NIKLAS a kid with great manners and respectful tone said " ThE USA is a wonderful country with tremendous opportunity and the people of  Ogdensburg ( where we live ) have  been just amazing to me and the school here is great but sir i can't stay here ". I asked why cuz i would have let him reside with us ..   His answer floored me """ inspite of the the many great things .......there are simply TOO many assholes " .😄😄😄😄😄😄

harv that douche nozzle behind you laying on his horn fits Niklas'. comment to a tee !

All the best to you both !
Life ain't a dress rehearsal: Spread enthusiasm , avoid negative nuts.
Reply | Threaded
|

Johnnyonthespot
Maybe just  chalk it up to someone less fortunate or less thankful than you. Maybe whoever it was, their situation didn't turn out so well at the hospital? Move on, they're making snow in the 2nd week of November!
I don't rip, I bomb.
Reply | Threaded
|

gorgonzola
Glad to hear all went well, +++vibes and prayers for continued health happiness and snow!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Thanks Gorgo, first good night sleep in several days feels good. Zelda seems to be getting around a lot better this am.

Wise words Johnny. Trying hard to take a new approach to life, exercising more tolerance whenever humanly possible.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Good stuff Harv!

People that are dealing with the stresses associated with illness can easily become unhinged. I see it all the time but I still sometimes struggle with them when they get really unruly
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Zelda's pathology came up mostly clean yesterday so we are incredibly pumped. No chemo or radiation is recommended. That is really big for us and we are smiling.

In a different year, I'd be pretty bummed missing opening weekend at Gore, but not today. Spending today enjoying simple pleasures, I'll rake the leaves in the yard. If Zelda is up to a long car ride on Thanksgiving Day I'll ski with Neve next weekend. She'll probably not ski until Christmas or January.

It feels good, today.  Y'all who are getting out on the hill today, enjoy! And post some pics :)
Reply | Threaded
|

Joneski73
Ski the snow on the ground, not the date on the calendar. - Glenn Plake
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote

One of my buds has been given a year to live due to fucking cancer. Just found out one week ago today. He's in his mid 50's, loves his wife and kids, avid outdoors man, and prolly the GD hunter/woodsman I've ever met or ever will meet.

Today we lay to rest our friend Smitty, the toughest sob you could ever meet. He fought that shit for years, proved them wrong.

We also celebrate his life!! Here's to long beards and big racks