classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
15 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Clemens Skates

Harvey
Administrator
What a bunch of BS. Clemens was a cheater his whole career, and some looser lawyer choked on the evidence.

I never liked him, but the time he went after Piazza with the bat was the last straw.  

Gotta control your roid rage better than that dude.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/6770227/roger-clemens-mistrial-mean-former-all-star-pitcher-walks-perjury-charges
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Clemens Skates

MC2 5678F589
This post was updated on .
Harvey44 wrote
I never liked him, but the time he went after Piazza with the bat was the last straw.  
I feel the exact same way.  If that wasn't a roid rage, I don't know what it was.  Remember back when they were still denying that Performance Enhancing Drugs weren't a major part of baseball, and they were saying it was just because Clemens was so "competitive"?  What a joke.  I hope he never makes the Hall of Fame (along with Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, Palmeiro, Petite, A-Rod, and anyone else who tests positive or admits using PEDs).  I feel like some players were so great, and it was obvious that they never used any kind of drugs - Griffey (hurt so much, and never changed body shape), Jeter (same hat size since he started, never had too much power, just played his game), Greg Maddux (c'mon) - Those are the players who should be celebrated.  Not freaking Roger Clemens.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
I am no Yankee fan but I am with you on Jeter.  The guy is a stud.

Remember this:

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=3134880&topic_id=&c_id=mlb&tcid=vpp_copy_3134880&v=3
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
 How dare the Government waist time and tax payers money on this case..Who really gives a crap if these guys did drugs..

"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
JasonWx wrote
How dare the Government waist time and tax payers money on this case..Who really gives a crap if these guys did drugs..
Clemens is accused of lying to Congress (perjury).  While I can understand that it seems like quite a double standard for Congress to be calling out others for playing fast and loose with the truth, IMO you have to prosecute perjury or the justice system breaks down.
Reply | Threaded
|

x10003q
In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
This.

Why is congress involved in this nonsense? I guess there was nothing better for Congress to deal with. Nice job by the prosecuter ignoring the judge. How much $$ was wasted building a case? The evidence (needles) was held by the trainer for all those years - cetainly there is a hint of doubt. I think Clemens is a tool, but what a waste of money.

For all those who are angry about those who used steroids I say many more used than did not use. If you were in the same position you probably would have tried it also. The top salary on a AAA team might be $70K and the min salary
in MLB this year is something like $414,000 plus all the other perks.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey44 wrote
 While I can understand that it seems like quite a double standard for Congress to be calling out others for playing fast and loose with the truth
Ain't that the truth. Sing it brother!
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Editorial from the Hudson Valley Daily Freeman. Spot on IMO:

EDITORIAL: No free pass

Published: Monday, July 18, 2011

Until prosecutors screwed up and ignored a judge’s admonition, leading him to declare a mistrial, Roger Clemens was on the hot seat.

The former big league baseball pitching star was on trial in a federal court in Washington for allegedly lying to Congress when he denied using performance-enhancing drugs.

Clemens’ denial before a congressional committee was countered by sworn testimony of a former personal trainer.

Until the mistrial was declared last week, Clemens was fighting for his freedom and  reputation (although it may be too late for the latter, given the prevailing wisdom of the court of public opinion).

Many – even some observers who also believe Clemens wasn’t telling the truth – still contend the government is wasting time and resources prosecuting Clemens on what they consider to be a baseball issue (steroid use).

But we view the Clemens case as more than that.

Read the rest:

http://www.dailyfreeman.com/articles/2011/07/18/opinion/doc4e208098b61be452561273.txt
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
And skates again.

Maybe he really didn't do it...

Wall Street Journal

A federal jury in Washington, D.C., found baseball great Roger Clemens not guilty of perjury and all other charges, rejecting prosecutors' allegations that he lied about steroid use.

The verdict came after a two-month trial and a yearslong investigation that began when Mr. Clemens told Congress he never used performance-enhancing drugs.

The jury's verdict came after roughly a day and a half of deliberations. A packed courtroom listened as the jury foreman repeated "not guilty" to each of the six charges. After the verdict was read, Mr. Clemens rubbed his eyes and hugged his lawyer.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303836404577474441416174080.html
Reply | Threaded
|

lolkl
I wonder if that stuff would make me a better skier? I've been offered a lot of drugs in my life ( and I turned down many of them ) but nobody has ever offered me PEDs. I'm afraid they would just make my gut sack get even bigger.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
lolkl wrote
I wonder if that stuff would make me a better skier?
Do skiers cheat? Or how do they cheat?

lolkl wrote
... make my gut sack get even bigger.
LOL. You could make the bigs.

Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
A waste of time and tax payer money.
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

Spongeworthy
In reply to this post by lolkl
lolkl wrote
I'm afraid they would just make my gut sack get even bigger.
They would make another sack much smaller
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Goose Gossage weighs in:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/8081415/goose-gossage-says-roger-clemens-lied-steroid-use-belong-hall-fame

This is pretty comical.

The guy seems high and mighty about Clemens and then says "sure I'da cheated, if they'da had steroids when I was playin."

Gotta say though I was a yanks fan back in the day and I loved watchin the Goose.
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
All that stuff might make you a better skier.  But the $64 question is, are you OK with the health risks associated with taking PEDs?

There's a reason the body's production of HGH and testosterone tails off as we age.  Insofar as EPO or blood transfusions, in the late '90s there was a whole spate of young up and coming European cyclists who died of heart attacks.  Their blood was sludge from doing EPO.  Much as I want to go faster, I ain't going there.