Coffee

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Coffee

Brownski
I love coffee so much it (literally). I’m a simple guy- mostly drink drip-brewed from a thermos. I’m curious if NYSB is Dunkin territory or more fancy? I’m also looking for recommendations regarding instant for camping purposes.

"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Z
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Coffee

Z
I buy the k Cup from Amazon SF Bay Coffee Co that is 100% biodegradable.  The plastic is made from corn.  Tastes good and price is low for good fresh coffee.

I limit my caffeine for health reasons and drink mostly decaf
if You French Fry when you should Pizza you are going to have a bad time
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Topo Coffee beans!  Sold locally in LP region.  

And Origin Coffee shop is awesome in SL!

This time of year I love me some Stewards Mint chocolate chip ice cream, topo night crawler and crushed ice cold coffee!  

I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Damn that sounds good, Scotty!
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by Z
I like how it comes out with the k-cup machines too. I’m on the road most days so the thermos works best for me. I probably should limit the cafeteria intake but most days I drink most of the pot
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
I like Starbucks over Dunkin’, but get both infrequently.  I do buy ground beans from Dunkin’ when they have a 3fer deal!

A couple of cups a day at the office via Keurig.  At home it’s the Nespresso machine or the Press Pot, again infrequently.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

trackbiker
I use an earlier version of this for camping. Mine came with a ceramic mug.
Melitta One Cup Coffee Maker
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Brownski
Dunkin is decent. McDonald is actually ok these days too.  At home we drink Starbucks house blend dripped by the cup. Not as much of a fan of Starbucks from the store. Coffee in Italy (lungo not americano) is the best.

Nothing beats the smell of fresh ground beans.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
JamesD me brought back beans from Kenya.. I grid my own and use a French Press...Damn good coffee
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

witch hobble
Don’t care for Dunk’s.  Live way too far from Starbuck’s.

I buy beans from one of our two local roasters (Cafe Monte Alto and Mad River Coffee Roasters) then grind and drip at home.

I tend to wind up with DD on road trips occasionally. Starbucks if I’m at the airport.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
I love coffee but am not that fussy about what I drink. That said, I prefer good coffee. Many Hinterlandians swear by their "Timmie's" (aka Tim Hortons) but, really, the stuff is swill, best to be avoided unless there is no other option.

Camping coffee is a big topic. Telemark Dave would probably bring a Minipresso and exotic beans, others swear by the Starbucks instant. Personally, I think that good ol' cowboy coffee can't be beat, especially if you spin the pot to settle the grounds:

Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
I dig it cowboy style too. It was actually when I was a horse wrangler that my caffeine addiction really blossomed. Yeah I used to bring a little percolator type coffee pot with me camping but something happened to it a while back. Then I was using this Folgers instant that came in individual filter bags like tea. That worked pretty good. They didn’t have them at shoprite this year. That’s why I’m looking for a new kind of instant.
I agree that McDonalds has better coffee then Dunkin, especially if you drink it black. Starbucks is ok but they’ve got so many different types it’s like having a second job trying to figure out which one you like. And a lot of Starbucks stores seem to keep the burners too high. It makes it taste burnt