Condor's aerial photo/video thread.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
44 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Condor's aerial photo/video thread.

Condor
went to get some shots of roaring brook falls and chapel pond. unfortunately its was just to gusty. hiked around a bit instead. ive wanted to shoot roaring brook falls pretty much since ive started flying with these.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Condor wrote
went to get some shots of roaring brook falls and chapel pond. unfortunately its was just to gusty. hiked around a bit instead. ive wanted to shoot roaring brook falls pretty much since ive started flying with these.
I can think of many places in the Park where one of these could get some spectacular shots - places that are jaw dropping beautiful. Roaring Brook falls is pretty, but far from topping the list.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
Definitely let me know some. Im not nearly as familiar with the Adks as I'd like to be. I've done a lot of web searching the last couple weeks and have a list of places I'd like to go, but for sure let me know what you are thinking.  
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
In reply to this post by PeeTex
PeeTex wrote
I can think of many places in the Park where one of these could get some spectacular shots - places that are jaw dropping beautiful.
The views almost always seem so much better in the winter
Reply | Threaded
|

Nicky Z
In reply to this post by Condor
Condor wrote
Balancing props. Most important thing for good video. Doesn't hurt to balance the motors either. When I had the gopro hardmounted to the frame I Used a lot of rubber between the screws and frame on the camera mount

Also certain props make a difference. I used carbon props for some time and while they are great for responsive flying they are terrible for video. Because they are so stiff they have to be balanced absolutely perfectly. The plastic props bend and act like a suspension if you will. Still, balancing will always make it better.
Balanced the props a while ago and still not too much success. Blurred lines (no pun intended) in most of the images. May just have to get the phantom 2.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by Condor
Condor wrote
Definitely let me know some. Im not nearly as familiar with the Adks as I'd like to be. I've done a lot of web searching the last couple weeks and have a list of places I'd like to go, but for sure let me know what you are thinking.
Consider rainbow falls, flowed lands, Avalanche Lake and the flumes of the Opalescent as it goes from Colden up to Feldspar. These would only work if you can smuggle it in in a back pack.
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Nicky Z
Balanced the props a while ago and still not too much success. Blurred lines (no pun intended) in most of the images. May just have to get the phantom 2.

distortion and jello will always come from the props/motors. getting a phantom will still require you to balance props and motors. to be honest id build up your current platform. its slightly larger than the phantom and in my opinion has way for potential. carry bigger batteries, get better run time, will be more stable in wind. its a crap load easier to work on and the worst thing you can do is break an arm which cost $10 vs braking the phantom body. i think the phantom is a great quad, but the 450 frame wheel can be configured way better.

what props and motors are you currently using?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Nicky Z
Nicky Z wrote
Nice terrain park bro!

Pretty understanding folks you got too!
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
quick update. crashed about a month or so ago and broke a few things that kept me out of the air for awhile. bought and fpv set up so i took off the gimbal and have been flying around with a hard mount, and almost burnt my house down when i shorted out a lipo battery.

as it stands now, ive got a new charger, battery, and the gimbal is going back on tomorrow. this weekend ill be down in CT filming/driving/helping out a friend with and autocross event that he is putting on so im hoping to get some good footage out of that.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Condor wrote
quick update. crashed about a month or so ago and broke a few things that kept me out of the air for awhile. bought and fpv set up so i took off the gimbal and have been flying around with a hard mount, and almost burnt my house down when i shorted out a lipo battery.
Translation?

Condor wrote
as it stands now, ive got a new charger, battery, and the gimbal is going back on tomorrow. this weekend ill be down in CT filming/driving/helping out a friend with and autocross event that he is putting on so im hoping to get some good footage out of that.
This I get. Cool!  Can't wait to see.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor

Harvey wrote
Condor wrote
Translation?

Condor wrote
This I get. Cool!  Can't wait to see.

translation= shit hit the fan.

Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
So will you be contracting out to Amazon for package delivery in the North Country. I just placed an order for a few parts for my dryer that I would like mo-ricky-ticky
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
Reply | Threaded
|

Nicky Z
Condor, what is your current camera/gimbal setup? And do you have any recommendations for a landing gear for a dji f450?
Here are a few shots from sunset at the Zachara Estate.

Yes, that is Gore on the right side of the image.

Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
camera is the hero 3 black edition (not 3+) was going to get the 3+ but the minor lens change they did made it worse when it came to aerial shots. great for for 0-10ft shots.

gimbal is the beholder brushless gimbal. they make a "lite" version now specific to the gopro. worked okay out of the box. once tuned it performed much better

when i had the 450 framewheel i made my own leg extensions out of lexan (see front page) that worked great. really light, REALLY cheap, and got the job done. a full landing hear is nice but not needed for the f450. id just stick with some sort of leg extension.

hasnt changed since the first page other than a white arm and FPV transceiver. id post an up to date photo but its currently torn apart for some repairs.

Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Out in la la land,,,,, Los Angles police are being " harassed " daily by drones. People are flying/hovering them over the walled police parking lot shooting vids of the coppers from their copters.

Celebs are getting privacy concerns, too. Now the paps don't have to hide in the bushes since they can hover right over any celeb's property.
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor

new edit. got invited to shoot at Collings Foundation in Stow MA a couple weeks ago. let me know what you think!

Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
https://vimeo.com/119718619

just wanted to share a video my buddy did with his heli. this was shot about a month ago just below rockwell falls.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore

Just watched your other one. Did you get to ride in any of those planes?
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
skimore wrote

Just watched your other one. Did you get to ride in any of those planes?

unfortunately not :(. I was too busy running around that day trying to get as much footage as possible. got to ride around in a tank though. that was pretty cool!