classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
44 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Condor's aerial photo/video thread.

Condor
This post was updated on .
thought id start this to share some photos ive done and get myself more motivated to go out and get new shots as well.

over the past 2 years ive owned 3 multirotors. one i sunk in lake george (fortunately was able to get it back) and 2 i built.

first quad

first build was this hexacopter.

second build and my current setup.

one of the first pictures i got. downtown saratoga.

following winter

lake george sunset....right before sinking it.

hulls falls

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Condor's aerial photo/video thread.

Condor
start of a house my unclue is building

let me know what you think, let me know what you think i should go get pictures of. always open for recommendations!

thanks
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
Condor wrote
let me know what you think, let me know what you think i should go get pictures of. always open for recommendations!

thanks
high peaks slides
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
skimore wrote
Condor wrote

thanks
high peaks slides

ive been meaning to get up there for awhile now. there's quite a few spots in the high peaks id like to fly around.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
How far away can you control that
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
This Chic Choc video has some drone footage

Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
In reply to this post by skimore
skimore wrote
How far away can you control that

range depends on surroundings. 500ft-1/2mile. however after a few hundred feet it gets pretty difficult to keep track of orientation without the aid of video monitor that gets a live stream.
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
How far away can you get the live stream?
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
skimore wrote
How far away can you get the live stream?

also depends on surrounding, as well as what frequency you run. some setups are limited to 1000ft and line of sight. others can be miles. same goes for the radio/receiver as well for the heli. with the right set up you will run out of battery before you run out of range.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Condor 'Copter !
Reply | Threaded
|

Highpeaksdrifter
I can't believe you have your own drone. That is awesome.  
There's truth that lives
And truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind - Leonard Cohen
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
In reply to this post by Condor
Condor wrote
 let me know what you think i should go get pictures of. always open for recommendations!
thanks
 - You could get some very cool rock climbing photos with a unique perspective.  I'm thinking of the area around Chapel Pond:  Washbowl Cliff, Spider's Web, Chapel Pond slabs.  There are some routes on the summit cliffs of Noonmark that would be really cool.

- And let's not overlook the hot neighbor getting a poolside tan in her back yard, topless.
Reply | Threaded
|

Nicky Z
how did you handle vibration/jello problem before the gimbal on your current setup?
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
Nicky Z wrote
how did you handle vibration/jello problem before the gimbal on your current setup?
Balancing props. Most important thing for good video. Doesn't hurt to balance the motors either. When I had the gopro hardmounted to the frame I Used a lot of rubber between the screws and frame on the camera mount

Also certain props make a difference. I used carbon props for some time and while they are great for responsive flying they are terrible for video. Because they are so stiff they have to be balanced absolutely perfectly. The plastic props bend and act like a suspension if you will. Still, balancing will always make it better.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
Adk Jeff wrote
 - And let's not overlook the hot neighbor getting a poolside tan in her back yard, topless.
That's going to be the big issue with these things. Someday, they'll be quite common and people will be harassing the neighbors. I think the air space above is " open " territory and not trespassing. If so, Dbags will be free to be Dbags complete with high def zoom, night vision ..... even hovering right outside the window. Creepy, eh ?

Vids will be on youtube,, angry guy runs out of the house, shaking his first at a drone then chambering a round in his shotgun. Boom. Boom. Boom.

The cliffs is a good idea. Give a very wide berth to any climbers. Not hard to imagine a drone raising up, distracting a climber who loses balance......

Somewhere by the ausable club there's a large needle opening thru the rock which may make a cool fly through shot if you wouldn't lose radio control and have a Condor Copter down incident.

Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
Snowballs wrote
Adk Jeff wrote
That's going to be the big issue with these things. Someday, they'll be quite common and people will be harassing the neighbors. I think the air space above is " open " territory and not trespassing. If so, Dbags will be free to be Dbags complete with high def zoom, night vision ..... even hovering right outside the window. Creepy, eh ?

Vids will be on youtube,, angry guy runs out of the house, shaking his first at a drone then chambering a round in his shotgun. Boom. Boom. Boom.

The cliffs is a good idea. Give a very wide berth to any climbers. Not hard to imagine a drone raising up, distracting a climber who loses balance......

Somewhere by the ausable club there's a large needle opening thru the rock which may make a cool fly through shot if you wouldn't lose radio control and have a Condor Copter down incident.

its already quite the issue now. technically speaking the airspace isnt "open". there are already a number of legal actions being taking by the FAA. they are saying its illeagal to use multirotors (i HATE the term drone)for commercial purposes, and have already shut down more than a few businesses.

they are very popular now. you can buy a ready to run set up for <$500. people are grabbing these and flying them where they shouldnt when they can barely control it.

as far as outside the window.....haha they arent that quite. with 2 blade props mine is still noticeable at a couple hundred feet. 3 blade props a little less. the hexacopter i had sounded like a weed eater flying around.
Reply | Threaded
|

Skiray
I am in the market for one. Though flying it and it not breaking and hurting someone are a different story.

Ray
The family that skis together, stays together.

AlbaAdventures.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by Condor
Condor wrote
its already quite the issue now. technically speaking the airspace isnt "open". there are already a number of legal actions being taking by the FAA. they are saying its illeagal to use multirotors (i HATE the term drone)for commercial purposes, and have already shut down more than a few businesses.
True. However, isn't it open as far as trespassing goes ? What's to stop anybody from legally flying above another's property ?

Civilian drones are getting bigger, more capable. I saw a drone plane on tv that they were using to dust crops. It was not as large as a Cessna.
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
Snowballs wrote
Condor wrote
True. However, isn't it open as far as trespassing goes ? What's to stop anybody from legally flying above another's property ?

when theres a camera on it.....everyone and their mother has a camera on the phone, but so help you if you put one in the air. haha. if there isnt a camera on it then nothing can really be done, its just fun flying.
Reply | Threaded
|

Condor
In reply to this post by Skiray
Skiray wrote
I am in the market for one. Though flying it and it not breaking and hurting someone are a different story.

Ray

well breaking it is going to happen. if you hurt someone well then thats on you. i started flying in a big open field and didnt venture from it till i was comfortable flying in all directions.