Cover Pic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Cover Pic

Snowhunter
It made my day to log on here and see the updated cover pic being a winter shot.

Thank you Harv!!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Cover Pic

freeheeln
harv great new pic
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
Beauty,  Harv!  Care to share some background on it?  Or did you choose it just because..
"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

MC2 5678F589
In reply to this post by freeheeln
freeheeln wrote
harv great new pic
Agree. That pic makes me feel happy (good memories of when I skied it last year + just a really cool place)
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Thanks guys Saturday was a great one.

I dropped this image in so if the thread lives on you'll be able to tell what we were talking about...

This was taken in the Vanderwhacker Wild Forest between North River and North Creek. It's a spot on the Raymond Brook Ski Trail, just past the height of land.  You've climbed maybe 200 or 300 feet up from the road and now for at least 70% of what remains, you're going down, maybe 1400 feet.  This trail was part of Gore in the 1930s.

Slide up and ride down. We're reliving the dream.

On my Rossi's with my T4s, it is really very fun.  I think I may have done a jump turn.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Peter Minde
Thanks for sharing the story of this picture Harv.  I don't know if anyone on the blog skis Mount Mansfield in VT, but there's a parallel.  Many of the current nordic ski trails at Mount Mansfield XC were the original downhill trails back in the day.  More than once we've been there and there's someone coming down on alpine skis, snowboard etc.  There's also a serious back country network between Mount Mansfield/Trapp Family Lodge and Bolton Valley.  
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
Peter Minde wrote
Thanks for sharing the story of this picture Harv.  I don't know if anyone on the blog skis Mount Mansfield in VT, but there's a parallel.  Many of the current nordic ski trails at Mount Mansfield XC were the original downhill trails back in the day.  More than once we've been there and there's someone coming down on alpine skis, snowboard etc.  There's also a serious back country network between Mount Mansfield/Trapp Family Lodge and Bolton Valley.
There's great tree skiing off Mansfield..........but it's extremely dangerous

Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
Yes, a beautiful header image it is, Harv.
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
In reply to this post by skimore
Shame on you Skimore.. That's a pic of very risky and unnecessarily dangerous skiing.. I'd advise everyone to avert their gaze..

"there is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent" Disclaimer: Telemark Dave is a Hinterlandian. He is not from New York State, and in fact, doesn't even ski there very often. He is also obsessive-compulsive about Voile Charger BC's.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by Harvey
Harvey wrote
I think I may have done a jump turn.

To that, and the cover pic!
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Telemark Dave
JTG4eva! wrote
Harvey wrote
I think I may have done a jump turn.

To that, and the cover pic!
Yes, a good start at acquiring the diverse and esoteric skiing skillset
that is the foundation of woods skiing.  Wait until you start using tree turns...