Cozy Cabin

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Cozy Cabin

TomCat
I've talked to these folks recently about a wood stove. They were Nice and helpful. I was wondering  if anyone has dealt with them and could comment on their quality and pricing? I'm willing to pay more to use a local business that will stand behind their work. But I  don't want to get taken to the cleaners, either. Thanks for any suggestions.

tom
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Cozy Cabin

Harvey
Administrator
We bought our Vermont Castings Intrepid from them...

... and they've done our pipe cleaning.  They were very friendly and have always delivered as promised.

With regard to price, I can't really say. While there wasn't a big discount off MSRP, but not sure who if any give one.  To me, the delivery was key. Those are big heavy items, and if they come from a distance, it could get expensive. I'm 99% sure we didn't pay anything for delivery.

Anyone else used them?
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

adkskier
In reply to this post by TomCat
Their prices are high and they litter the north country with obnoxious signs several times a year when they  run a "sale". A couple of shops in the Glens Falls area are more competitive. Try Northern Comfort. They sell and install several lines including QuadraFire.
I Think, Therefore I Ski
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Avoid the Stovery in Argyle at all costs!!!

Some of the stoves vary quite a bit in thermal efficiency. I can't recall for sure, but I think Quadrafire has a rather high efficiency. Cruise the web to find info.