classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Crotched buys Ascutney HSQ Lift

Harvey
Administrator
Bennington, NH - Peak Resorts announces the acquisition of the high speed detachable quad chairlift formally of Ascutney Mountain, VT. The installation of the lift, along with a terrain expansion is planned at Crotched Mountain, NH for the 2012-2013 season. This 3 million dollar capital investment will happen on the 10 year anniversary of the reconstruction of the resort.

http://skitownnews.blogspot.com/2012/02/southern-new-hampshire-ski-resort-gets.html
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Crotched buys Ascutney HSQ Lift

ml242
Great news for Crotched... not so much for Ascutney.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danzilla
Crotched is one of my buddies "home" mountain.  He is pretty psyched.  He works from home a fair amount and goes up there for an hour or two in the morning sometimes.  This will probably get him quite a few more turns.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by ml242
ml242 wrote
Great news for Crotched... not so much for Ascutney.
From a marketing point of view, this is bad news for Ascutney, but in reality, the HSQ didn't do much for the hill other than shave a few minutes off the lift ride.

Short of an angel investor who's prepared to lose a lot of money, I don't see Ascutney coming back, HSQ or not, due to the reasons listed in this Ascutney thread. Too bad -- I kinda liked the hill.
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
Crotched.......