46 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Cruise Night in Flatlands USA

Harvey
Administrator
This post was updated on .
The last weekend in April every year my home town has this mini-event on a Friday night they call "Cruise Night."  It's a chance for people to show off their wheels on Main Street, while everyone else enjoys the evening...

This thing is really cool. An REO Speedwagon Pizza Truck that has an onboard woodstove, owned by a local pizzeria...

Lots of muscle cars...

A classic 'Stang...

We got to tour a new restaurant that is opening soon...

A cool fun night....

"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Cruise Night in Flatland USA

JasonWx
sweet rides....
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

Sick Bird Rider
In reply to this post by Harvey
Classic car cruise nights are so cool.

I really like that '69 Mustang - that is my dream classic car. It even has room for skis!
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

Jamesdeluxe
In reply to this post by Harvey
Nice.

The first time I drove through your town, I checked out that REO Speedwagon truck at the pizza joint.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Cruise Night is now officially outta control.  There was so many people I could barely walk home from work.  

I snapped a few phone pics...

Reply | Threaded
|

njadk
Harv- I've driven through Cruise Night a few times, though never stopped. Plus, that Nomad pizza sign is unmistakeable. Didn't realize there were some flatlanders so close to me. Small world...ever go to the Tiger's Tale?
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
Been a while since I've been to the Tiger's Tale... when it was my stomping grounds a billion years ago it was called the Foolish Fox.

When we moved to the area in the late 60s it was called Black Barts. It had a sign that said "Lounge."  Mom.. what is a lounge? All I could imagine was people sitting in plastic reclining lawn chairs.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
That Vett is insane..looks like a 71 LT1...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
JasonWx wrote
That Vett is insane..looks like a 71 LT1...
Think it's a 73. The 68-72's all had chrome front and rear bumpers. The one in the pic only has a chrome rear bumper. Still a wicked cool car.
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Yep..looks like a 73...
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

snowmonkey
I looooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeee that VW beetle.  AWESOME!!!  
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
That Vette is so cool.  Brings back memories of doing 130 mph down Washington Avenue Extension circa 1988.  Thing just sat on the road like a rock, barely a buzz in the steering wheel.  Topped that speed only once, on my Honda Interceptor 750.  Same road; a little spookier.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Noah John wrote
That Vette is so cool.  Brings back memories of doing 130 mph down Washington Avenue Extension circa 1988.  Thing just sat on the road like a rock, barely a buzz in the steering wheel.  Topped that speed only once, on my Honda Interceptor 750.  Same road; a little spookier.

No way, I had one too---VF1000R---THE COOLEST OF COOL---the original sport bike. Wish I still had her.

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
While the Corvette is an American icon, IMO, it doesn't scream muscle car, to me it screams sports car.

What screams muscle car to me would be a 1967 Chev Yenko Camaro 427/425 HP, w/ a 4spd---that's one bad azz moFo

What's your muscle car??
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
You could wheelie the Interceptor through 4 gears.  So stupidly fast.  I was 19.  Lucky to live and tell the tale.

'68 Mustang GT Fastback.  Bullit's ride:

Or the '69 Roadrunner if you have a death wish:

Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Excellent choices---thought you may be a MOPAR guy---those big blocks will rip your head off

Isn't it amazing how the late 60's muscle cars are so sleek, simple, and almost mezmerizing to look at. They're "fast' sitting still.....something that is missing in todays market. To me modern cars look like squiggly lines on a piece of paper.
Reply | Threaded
|

Marcski
I was always partial to these:

I had a '69 Grand Prix with a 428 H.O. 4 bbl carb.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Noah John
Marcski wrote
I was always partial to these:

I had a '69 Grand Prix with a 428 H.O. 4 bbl carb.

Buddy of mine still has the '69 Lemans convertible.  400 4bbl I think.  I had no idea GM/Pontiac even made a 428.  I think Ford did.  Mopar had the 426 ("that thing got a Hemi?") .

Quick peek at the intertubz tells me Pontiac bored out a 421 HO to 426 and change - rounded to 427.  Don't know how they got that to equal 428.  I'm not quibbling about a lousy cubic inch of displacement I just like to know where these #s come from.  Maybe that's just how they differentiated the Pontiac 427 from the Chevy 427?  I dunno.  DeLorean probably insisted that his Pontiacs look phatter on paper than "mere" Chevys.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
In reply to this post by Marcski
Marcski wrote
Perfect example of Camp's "looks fast sitting still." Great looking car.  Cool thread.
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
In reply to this post by Noah John
Noah John wrote
  DeLorean probably insisted that his Pontiacs look phatter on paper than "mere" Chevys.

FUNNY stuff right there NJ

I agree with Marcski, the GOATS are a cool car, seems as tho they always get passed over when muscle car talk comes up. Good call.

These bad boys never do----69 firebird 400 4spd---raw power