37 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Delicious things

Cunningstunts
Banned User
This post was updated on .
I tried this last night and can't believe I never did before.

Breakfast Quesadilla:

Eggs (scrambled)
Cheese (I used blended Mexican cheeses)
Sausage (loose, without casing - whatever heat you like or breakfast)
Salsa (whatever heat you like)
Tortilla (I use flour)
Olive Oil
Butter

Cook sausage in separate pan while heating up a large pan to fry the tortilla.
After sausage is finished, set aside and add a little butter and scramble eggs in same pan.
When you start the eggs, throw a little olive oil in the large pan and put down the tortilla.  Add cheese (shredded) to one half.  Add sausage over top.  Finish scrambling eggs and add over sausage.  Top with salsa and another sprinkling of cheese.
Fold over the tortilla and cook one side until light, golden brown then flip and finish the other side the same.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Delicious things

gorgonzola
I do a burrito variation of the same -  my (not so) secret ingredient is to fry up some garden grown hungarian wax peppers with the sausage. More flavor than heat but go so well with eggs. They freeze very well as long as you remember to wear gloves when cleaning and slicing. If not you will be cruelly reminded when you take out your contacts later that evening!
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
Dude!!! I used to do the Burrito too, but the Quesadilla makes it 10X better (fried tortilla!!).

I also make non-breakfast style Quesadilla the same way but with marinated chicken, pepper and onions.

I bet some crispy breakfast potatoes would go good in there too in a thin layer... hmmm...
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
Omg!!  Yum!!
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
Here's another favorite.

Italian Chicken:

(2) Boneless chicken breasts about 0.5 lb each
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup of chopped Italian Parsley
(3) Large eggs
Flour
Bread crumbs
Salt and Pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil, about 1/4 cup
(4) cloves of garlic, pressed or minced (about 4 Tbsp)
1 cup white wine
1-1/4 cups of chicken stock
1/3 cup of lemon juice
3 Tbsp salted butter
4 very, very thin slices of Prosciutto
4 slices of Provolone cheese
1 large head of Escarole
8-10 Kalamata Olives (optional)
1/2 lb of dried pasta, Angel Hair

Start by placing a large, deep, frying pan on medium-low heat and coating the bottom with EVOO, about 1/16-1/8" deep.  Preheat the oven to 350F. Prepare a pot of salted water for pasta and a steamer for the escarole.  Wash and coarsely chop the escarole and place it the steamer, do not start heat yet.  Wash and and finely chop the Italian parsley.  Add the eggs, Parmesan and parsley to a bowl and mix.  Set aside.  Butterfly both chicken breast and pound flat.  Salt and pepper both sides.  Dredge in flour, then wash in egg/cheese/parsley mix and coat with bread crumbs.  Fry in EVOO on both sides until golden brown and cooked through.  Start escarole on high heat and steam until tender.  When chicken is finished, set aside.  Start boiling water.

Add the garlic to oil in the pan that the chicken fried in and cook until golden.  Then deglaze with wine and bring to a boil.  Turn down heat to simmer and add chicken stock, lemon juice and butter.

When escarole is tender and butter is melted, add escarole to the pan, coating evenly around.  Then place the chicken back in on top.  Place Prosciutto and Provolone on each piece of chicken and place in oven.

Cook pasta and when cheese has melted, remove chicken pan from oven.

Add a drizzle of EVOO to the drained pasta and place in deep dish.  Add chicken, escarole and sauce.  Garnish with olives.

Enjoy!

Makes two large dishes or four small (depending if you want to eat a whole chicken breast or just half).

Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
Awesome thread idea. It reminds me a while back I was thinking about starting an Instagram dedicated to omelette posts
"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
Brownski wrote
Awesome thread idea. It reminds me a while back I was thinking about starting an Instagram dedicated to omelette posts
Pictures are encouraged, but tell me how to make it also.
Reply | Threaded
|

Brownski
In reply to this post by Brownski
How ‘bout a bubba burger (onion) with Swiss and a runny egg with bacon bits thrown in and a drizzle of Franks red hot and some barbecue sauce?

"You want your skis? Go get 'em!" -W. Miller
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
Sausage and Spinach Fettuccine:

2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup of sliced red onion
1 cup of roasted red peppers (from a jar or make separately)
1 lb of chicken or pork sausage
1/4 cup of feta cheese
1 cup white wine
1 tsp garlic, minced or pressed
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup Asiago cheese, grated
2 cup fresh spinach
1/2 lb fresh fettuccine pasta

Heat a large pot of salted water to a boil.  Heat a large fry/saute pan to medium heat and add oil.

Add onion and saute until brown.

Remove the sausage from casing and add to onion.  Cook through.

Add Feta, roasted red peppers and garlic and saute 1 min more.

Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Deglaze with wine and reduce by half.

Add cream and reduce by half over low heat.

Cook pasta until al dente and strain.

Add pasta to sauce and toss to coat.

Add cheese and spinach and toss.
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
In reply to this post by Brownski
That burger looks so good brownski!
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Seasoned New York strip steak tacos. The pic doesn’t do em justice unfortunately. Steak medium rare with extra sharp tillamook chedar, chopped cilantro and onion and a delicious salsa Fresca. I heat up the soft corn shells in a frying pan with just a touch of cooking spray so they stay moist, lightly brown up, aren’t greasy and fold up into the palm of your hand.

Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Looks yum. AZ

last nights dinner
Chicken tacos with fresh lime/jalapeno slaw

corn tortillas heated up in cast  iron pan

"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

raisingarizona
Oh dang. Those look purdy.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by JasonWx
We had Jamaican  Jerk Chicken tacos with a Mango Salsa.
Food with flavor is a wonderful thing.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
I gave strong consideration of putting this under Beautiful Things, but Delicious Things probably works better.  Turkey and all the trimmings is pretty good, but this is the best part of Thanksgiving eats......the stock and soup the next day!

We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

JasonWx
Not a big fan of turkey etc..but that's my issue

nice to see someone use a Bouguet Garni....I assume that's what you have attached to the string
"Peace and Love"
Reply | Threaded
|

ScottyJack
I ride with Crazy Horse!
Reply | Threaded
|

JTG4eva!
In reply to this post by JasonWx
JasonWx wrote
nice to see someone use a Bouguet Garni....I assume that's what you have attached to the string
Oui, pour le Herbes de Provence!

I’ll never cook turkey more than once a year (it’s not all that great, agreed), but the sides are first rate (the sausage stuffing and homemade gravy.....yum), and having all the bones and veggies for stock is nice.
We REALLY need a proper roll eyes emoji!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User

Nachos!  With chipotle (not the restaurant, the pepper) salsa and garlic and onion taco beef.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cunningstunts
Banned User
In reply to this post by Cunningstunts
Cunningstunts wrote
Here's another favorite.

Italian Chicken:

(2) Boneless chicken breasts about 0.5 lb each
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup of chopped Italian Parsley
(3) Large eggs
Flour
Bread crumbs
Salt and Pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil, about 1/4 cup
(4) cloves of garlic, pressed or minced (about 4 Tbsp)
1 cup white wine
1-1/4 cups of chicken stock
1/3 cup of lemon juice
3 Tbsp salted butter
4 very, very thin slices of Prosciutto
4 slices of Provolone cheese
1 large head of Escarole
8-10 Kalamata Olives (optional)
1/2 lb of dried pasta, Angel Hair

Start by placing a large, deep, frying pan on medium-low heat and coating the bottom with EVOO, about 1/16-1/8" deep.  Preheat the oven to 350F. Prepare a pot of salted water for pasta and a steamer for the escarole.  Wash and coarsely chop the escarole and place it the steamer, do not start heat yet.  Wash and and finely chop the Italian parsley.  Add the eggs, Parmesan and parsley to a bowl and mix.  Set aside.  Butterfly both chicken breast and pound flat.  Salt and pepper both sides.  Dredge in flour, then wash in egg/cheese/parsley mix and coat with bread crumbs.  Fry in EVOO on both sides until golden brown and cooked through.  Start escarole on high heat and steam until tender.  When chicken is finished, set aside.  Start boiling water.

Add the garlic to oil in the pan that the chicken fried in and cook until golden.  Then deglaze with wine and bring to a boil.  Turn down heat to simmer and add chicken stock, lemon juice and butter.

When escarole is tender and butter is melted, add escarole to the pan, coating evenly around.  Then place the chicken back in on top.  Place Prosciutto and Provolone on each piece of chicken and place in oven.

Cook pasta and when cheese has melted, remove chicken pan from oven.

Add a drizzle of EVOO to the drained pasta and place in deep dish.  Add chicken, escarole and sauce.  Garnish with olives.

Enjoy!

Makes two large dishes or four small (depending if you want to eat a whole chicken breast or just half).
This is the finished product:

And in the bowl: