classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
45 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Do you love wide open groomers?

Spongeworthy
JTG4eva! wrote
As the song says, it's a thin line between love and hate!  Yes, I love a run or two down a freshly groomed wide open slope.  I'd go so far as to say that it's downright 'core' to rip technical, high speed GS arcs down a wide open face.  That said, I'd hate it if that were all that was available.  

Hey, every kind of trail has its time and place.  There are some days at WF where one of the best runs of the day is a tear down Excelsior with First Tracks.  Carving high speed arcs down Mountain Run is a blast.  After a couple it's on to other adventures.  It's all good.
Ditto
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

PowderAssassin
In reply to this post by Adk Jeff
Adk Jeff wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
lol...Anyone with a brain in their head knows that place is a gold mine.
Just for shit's sake
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fsb/fsb_archive/2002/12/01/333883/
"While ski areas have been dying off (from 735 nationwide in 1982 to 483 today), with smaller areas bearing the brunt of that contraction (for more on smaller ski resorts, see page 112), under the Crowleys Wachusett has never posted an unprofitable season. In fact, last year, the lightest snow year in the 130 years Massachusetts has kept records, Wachusett had its third-best revenue performance ever. Its annual operating profit margin has recently hovered in the 30% to 40% range, while the national average stands at around 12%."

Profit margin of 30 ro 40 percent and think about the MILLIONS and Millions of people that visit that visit there.

IT'S A GOLD MINE. The fact that you'd even question that shows your incredible ignorance and/or your need to be contrary to anything I say.
Good find, but your information source is from 2002.  Greek Peak may have been a gold mine back then too.  I don't have a need to be contrary to anything you say, I'd just like you to back up your sweeping generalizations with facts.
You just like to fight me dude. Wachusett is a big money maker. Only a moron would argue otherwise.
14-15 Season:

11-22 Snow Ridge (opening day 35")          1-7 Snow Ridge (10")
11-28 Grand targhee                                  1-8 Telluride(12 inches)
11-30 jackson hole(10 inches)                      1-9 Whistler(12 inches)
                                                                  1-11 mt bactchelor(20 inches)
12-7 Vail(15 inches)                                      1-12 Mt baker(30 inches
12-10 Whistler(20 inches)
12-12 Whistler helisking(bottomless)
12-14 Big Sky(27 inches)
12-15 Mammoth(24 inches)
12-18 Kirkwood(50 inches)
12-21 Alta(37 inches)
12-22 Grand targhee(40 inches)
12-26 jackson hole(26 inches)
12-28 Chugatch backcountry(bottomless powder)
Reply | Threaded
|

Adk Jeff
PowderAssassin wrote
You just like to fight me dude. Wachusett is a big money maker. Only a moron would argue otherwise.
You're missing the point. I'm not making any argument one way or the other regarding Wachussett's profitability.  You are.  Why does it bother you that I would ask you to substantiate your statement?
Reply | Threaded
|

skimore
Adk Jeff wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
  Why does it bother you that I would ask you to substantiate your statement?
Because you're confusing him
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
skimore wrote
Adk Jeff wrote
PowderAssassin wrote
  Why does it bother you that I would ask you to substantiate your statement?
Because you're confusing him
pow,i believe Jeff is saying profitability in 2002 could possibly be differant than 2014
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.