classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
40 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Does Rumor get groomed?

Spongeworthy
Harvey wrote
IMO the goal is not to turn double blacks into single blacks.  Save Lower Steilhang!
+1,000!!!

Please leave the double diamonds alone for the skiers who can handle it.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." Oscar Gamble
Reply | Threaded
|

Scott
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by MC2 5678F589
no it was rude. I did expect some A-hole to respond like this though. Like I said I have been on steeps. Spent a week at Tahoe and Heavenly earlier in the year and they groom their steeps. They have a winch support at the top and I was wondering if Gore might ever install one.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
Scott wrote
no it was rude. I did expect some A-hole to respond like this though. Like I said I have been on steeps. Spent A week at Tahoe and Heavenly earlier in the year and they groom their steeps. They have a winch support at the top and I was wondering if Gore might ever install one.
There is a winch point for Rumor at the top.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

Harvey
Administrator
If I had to guess I'd say they groom it maybe twice a season?

Don't get me wrong, if it's groomed I definitely hit it, and if it was groomed often I'd hit it more often.

But it isn't easy to do and to me it seems like a logical place to economize since it creates an opportunity for experts.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
In reply to this post by Scott
Scott wrote
 no it was rude. I did expect some A-hole to respond like this though.
True. However, though it took him long enough, MC2 FINALLY got something right.....

mattchuck2 wrote
 Don't need dick pills when you're a natural dick like me.
He may have even achieved a consensus ! Brilliant !
Reply | Threaded
|

SIAWOL
In reply to this post by Spongeworthy
if you can't ski it, don't ski it
Reply | Threaded
|

I:)skiing
If I had my way, it would never be groomed.      Sometime ago, I brought 3 friends to ski Gore.   I spoke of Rumor's headwall, bumps, drops etc for years.    We got there right after a grooming...   We skied 3 days midweek, there were not enough skiers or fresh snow to bump it up in the cold weather.   Lost some cred that year.     They ultimately came back and loved it.    

My answer to dealing with the big drops that some folks don't like is not to groom them, but to fill them with blown snow.   Direct that gun to fill it up, with ice or whatever.    

I have had the same experience at Kmart with Superstar.     Drove 8 hours to ski the bumps.....which were flattened.    That said, like a previous writer noted, the next day, we had fresh new bumps.    Kmart locals know how to bump it up quick.

Dont groom Rumor!   Ever.      Hello....  "Rumor"        
Reply | Threaded
|

freeheeln
In reply to this post by SIAWOL
SIAWOL wrote
if you can't ski it, don't ski it
if only that happened
Tele turns are optional not mandatory.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gunny J
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
I say buy another winch cat and groom it more.  Unless it is a powder day, I always enjoy groomed more than ungroomed.  Just my $0.02.
Sno you need to invest in a bump program. The freestyle group my son skis in at our local hill skis bumps About half the time 6 hrs a weekend. Ski with a group like that for a season and you will be searching for bumps!
Want to spend special time with your children, teach them to ski or snowboard. The reward will be endless!
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by scottymac
Rumor gets dangerous after it's groomed, IMO. At least if we get a super cold, dry stretch. I once watched an elderly gentleman fall on his first turn off the goat path, lose a ski, and slide head first into the woods at the bottom. He accelerated the entire way. I grabbed his ski and got down to him fast. Oddly enough he was fine, but watching him ragdoll out of control the length of the trail was pretty scary. Lucky day I guess.

I don't mind one groom to pack the base, then letting it pile up over the course of the season.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
In reply to this post by snoloco
snoloco wrote
I say buy another winch cat and groom it more.  Unless it is a powder day, I always enjoy groomed more than ungroomed.  Just my $0.02.
I say lay off the suggestions until you have to buy your own season pass...

AND see MC's advice. If you can't ski it as is, there's always Cloud to Headwaters.
"This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?"
Reply | Threaded
|

Snowballs
Banned User
I saw a guy do that on Lies. It was tumble, tumble - bounce the whole way down.
Reply | Threaded
|

PeeTex
In reply to this post by YUKON CORNELIUS
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
I don't mind one groom to pack the base, then letting it pile up over the course of the season.
I took a pass at it last week, that's what I thought. The snow was soft and it was easy to ski but I was dodging rocks all over the place. It needs a pass of the groomer just to pack it in and then let it be.
Don't ski the trees, ski the spaces between the trees.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
Pretty sure it got groomed. It's skiing well, but they blew a bunch of snow on skier's left from the goat path that is rock solid and all janked up. The lollipops did not lie today...
Reply | Threaded
|

scottymac
What is the goat path?
Reply | Threaded
|

mikegbflo
from hawkeye
it puts you on the trail under the headwall
i'm not sure but  I think it's only open when top of trail is not.

The long days of Shockley are gone,
 So is football Kennedy style
Reply | Threaded
|

scottymac
Thanks, I know the spot.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
Groomed again.

It gets pretty boring groomed as you can rip the whole thing in no time. It's too short to be much fun when groomed out,  maybe if it were twice as long...
Reply | Threaded
|

Chris
YUKON CORNELIUS wrote
Groomed again.

It gets pretty boring groomed as you can rip the whole thing in no time. It's too short to be much fun when groomed out,  maybe if it were twice as long...
That one that's twice is long is a bit further north. Skyward!
The day begins...  Your mountain awaits.
Reply | Threaded
|

YUKON CORNELIUS
Skyward is kind of boring when it's groomed out too, although the view is better.