classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Does the Thundershirt Work?

Harvey
Administrator
Anyone every heard of, or tried this thing?

https://thundershirt.com/

I think Penny is going to have a heart attack when there is a storm or fireworks nearby.
"You just need to go at that shit wide open, hang on, and own it." —Camp
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Does the Thundershirt Work?

Sick Bird Rider
Never tried one but several people have reported to me that they do work. The vet even recommended it, so there's that. Every dog is different but it can't hurt to try.
Love Jay Peak? Hate Jay Peak? You might enjoy this: The Real Jay Peak Snow Report
Reply | Threaded
|

campgottagopee
Sick Bird Rider wrote
Never tried one but several people have reported to me that they do work. The vet even recommended it, so there's that. Every dog is different but it can't hurt to try.
Same here

I've heard some say they work and others say they don't. I think it depends on the dog.
Reply | Threaded
|

sudsnbumps
The Thunder shirt definitely helps my dog.  I have a 9 year old Rhodesian mix that the first time he heard fireworks we lost him...he was pinned to our lakehouse door trying to get in.  Another time during a big storm he went under our shed and we couldn't get him out...even peanut butter didn't help.  Now you put the shirt on and he lays in his bed, still shakes a bit but he will take the right treat.  My disclaimer is I love my dog but I love setting off fireworks too   again the thunder shirt helps.
Proud to call Gore My Home Mountain
Covid stole what would have been my longest season ever!
I'll be back
Reply | Threaded
|

marznc
In reply to this post by campgottagopee
campgottagopee wrote
Sick Bird Rider wrote
Same here

I've heard some say they work and others say they don't. I think it depends on the dog.
My vet suggested it for our dog.  But I tested out the concept by wrapping my arms around her.  Might even have added a towel once.  Didn't make much difference.  So I didn't spend the money.

When she became an old dog (about 14 years old), her hearing began fading.  That solved the thunder panic problem.